I only own 1 (one) .co domain , I don't know which is the "co gang", I didn't say the name is worth something, I said that developed it can earn some bucks and it can.
I don't mind appraisals for worthless names that say the obvious but I DO MIND when people copy MicroGuy in style and become arrogant and destructive. I tried to refrain as much as I could but I couldn't anymore after those 3 posts which I quoted which had maximum 5% connection with the name and the rest about this extension.
IMO it should be MOD's business to delete these kind of posts which are kinda offtopic to the thread and absolutely destructive for NP.
Just my view, I'm not looking for any ego-banging with you guys.
I only own 1 (one) .co domain , I don't know which is the "co gang", I didn't say the name is worth something, I said that developed it can earn some bucks and it can.
I don't mind appraisals for worthless names that say the obvious but I DO MIND when people copy MicroGuy in style and become arrogant and destructive. I tried to refrain as much as I could but I couldn't anymore after those 3 posts which I quoted which had maximum 5% connection with the name and the rest about this extension.
IMO it should be MOD's business to delete these kind of posts which are kinda offtopic to the thread and absolutely destructive for NP.
Just my view, I'm not looking for any ego-banging with you guys.
I think you just read it too literally.
I'll explain how I read it and maybe that will help others who are new to the forum. Remember that appraisals are free and not everyone has the time to write up a full essay.
Originally Posted by johname
Its a co and offers to work for free $0 in my opinion, goodluck
It's a CO meaning (hard to value highly)
AND offers work for free...
The AND is important here. Johname acknowledged that LOGO.CO would be a great name - not $500K great but not $0.
The AND was imporant part of the criteria. If it wasn't offering freelogos? Maybe he would have said $100.
Johname will give a positive appraisal when it deserves one! He's not a .com bigot like MG.
Originally Posted by GiftedDomains
sorry there is an "m" missing at the very end
That's a true reason for an appraisal of $0 if the keyword to the left is not enough to offset that and in this case it isn't.
Ski.co, Diamond.co, Happy.co, Flatbread.co all have value way more than $0. You should assume that the consideration included the left of the dot component even it wasn't stated.
Originally Posted by hopkism
.co is avoided by most serious domainers like the plague and just about anyone who makes money.
Sounds like hopkism lost money on .CO; however, you left off the rest of his post which stated that although the search numbers were good that doesn't translate to visitors or traffic.
As you can see. I didn't read it the same as you. Sometimes you need to be more open minded.
I have invested quite a lot in .TV (i'm not much of a seller) and I can tell you unequivocally that if you know what you're doing you can make money (and I have). I know people that are doing ok in .co.
There are a LOT not doing well and that's the concern that most people have for .CO investors - the lure of regfees. I do it all the time on .COM lol.. I have a lot of junk.
Peace out. :hearts: