advice PLEASE, Advise Me On My Potential FIRST DOMAIN NAME SALE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blue crystal

Established Member
Impact
Yesterday, I received this email:

Hello!
Our client from ( an asiatic country ) wants to buy XXXXXX.com. He will use it to generate traffic to his new site.
Please confirm you are the legal owner so I can send you the details.

1) Why he did not try to make the transaction directly with my registrar ?

2) Is there some possibility of it being a scam ? What are the usual traps ?

3) If it is a genuine buyer, what are the most probable proposals he would make and what should I accept or refuse ?

4) Is there some standard ( formal ) way to answer such type of enquiry ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
2) IF somehere in this conversation the buyer insists that you purchase an "appraisal" for your domain ... then it is probably a scam.

•••
I'm going to guess this is scam :xf.smile:

•••
Yeah, likely the appraisal scam.

Brad

•••
•••

Hello!
Our client from ( an asiatic country ) wants to buy XXXXXX.com. He will use it to generate traffic to his new site.

3) If it is a genuine buyer, what are the most probable proposals he would make and what should I accept or refuse ?

It might be a appraisal scam. Respond to them and see what they say.

•••
I am sure, it is scam (appraisal scam) newbies in domain industry..

•••
•••
If so, should I take legal measures ?
Not unless you want to waste your money... :ROFL: (y)

Just ignore it and all the future scams you'll receive. Spams and scams are all just a part of being a domainer.

•••
Hi everyone
After answering positively their first email I got this answer:

My name is AAA BBB. I work for YYYYLtd. (We are in top 10 hosting providers in WWWW).

I act on the behalf of our VIP client (domain investor) and will help you to sell your domain. The buyer purchases several domains to generate traffic to his new web project. If you need faster response please contact me in Telegram messenger.
Please send me your Telegram messenger user name. My user name in Telegram: ZZZZZ (@ZZZZZ).
My commission is only 6 %. The commission is divided between you (3%) and the buyer (3%) and paid after you get the money.
The buyer offers $MMMM USD. How do you prefer to get paid: bank transfer/Paypal/paper check or crypto currency (Bitcoin/Ethereum)?
The payment to you will be made via escrow service to protect both parties during the transaction. You will get 50% before the domain transfer and 50% after.

To proceed with the sale, the buyer requires a verification of compliance with CCC law and trademarks because he will run his startup in CCC.
The buyer pays good money but he must be sure he will not be sued for using it in his country. He needs an independent certification of compliance with CCC law that proves it can be used in CCC.
Please don't worry. If you don't have it you can order it online. I will help you with instructions and will not leave you along with this.

Please note this is not a SSL certificate. I hope you understand it.
The certification must include the following:

- The certification agency must be certified to verify domains in CCC.
- Verification of compliance with CCC law and trademarks.
- Legal restrictions for his country
- Independent valuation by market exerts
- The certificate must be up to date (issued during last 30 days).

- Official copy of the verification in English and CCC.

If the appraisal comes higher the buyer will increase the offer accordingly. If it comes lower please don't worry. The price for your domain will be the same.
We asked him if GoDaddy or Sedo appraisal certificates will work as a verification for him. I'm not sure they have a license to verify domains in CCC. Now we are awaiting for his answer.
If you are ready to to sell to my client please let me know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What you all think ? sounds legit ?

Last edited:
•••
Hi everyone
After answering positively their first email I got this answer:

My name is AAA BBB. I work for YYYYLtd. (We are in top 10 hosting providers in WWWW).

I act on the behalf of our VIP client (domain investor) and will help you to sell your domain. The buyer purchases several domains to generate traffic to his new web project. If you need faster response please contact me in Telegram messenger.
Please send me your Telegram messenger user name. My user name in Telegram: ZZZZZ (@zzzzz).
My commission is only 6 %. The commission is divided between you (3%) and the buyer (3%) and paid after you get the money.
The buyer offers $MMMM USD. How do you prefer to get paid: bank transfer/Paypal/paper check or crypto currency (Bitcoin/Ethereum)?
The payment to you will be made via escrow service to protect both parties during the transaction. You will get 50% before the domain transfer and 50% after.

To proceed with the sale, the buyer requires a verification of compliance with CCC law and trademarks because he will run his startup in CCC.
The buyer pays good money but he must be sure he will not be sued for using it in his country. He needs an independent certification of compliance with CCC law that proves it can be used in CCC.
Please don't worry. If you don't have it you can order it online. I will help you with instructions and will not leave you along with this.

Please note this is not a SSL certificate. I hope you understand it.
The certification must include the following:

- The certification agency must be certified to verify domains in CCC.
- Verification of compliance with CCC law and trademarks.
- Legal restrictions for his country
- Independent valuation by market exerts
- The certificate must be up to date (issued during last 30 days).

- Official copy of the verification in English and CCC.

If the appraisal comes higher the buyer will increase the offer accordingly. If it comes lower please don't worry. The price for your domain will be the same.
We asked him if GoDaddy or Sedo appraisal certificates will work as a verification for him. I'm not sure they have a license to verify domains in CCC. Now we are awaiting for his answer.
If you are ready to to sell to my client please let me know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What you all think ? sounds legit ?
100% SCAM - ignore and move on

•••
You get such scam mails in the initial days of domaining. ignore & move on.

•••
My eyebrows raised when I read this part:

He needs an independent certification of compliance with CCC law that proves it can be used in CCC.

Are they part of an "independent certification of compliance" selling scam ?

•••
We've seen dozens of the same wording (and variations) on NP's , they are all scams, just learn the lesson of how to recognize them , Ignore and move on

•••
We've seen dozens of the same wording (and variations) on NP's , they are all scams, just learn the lesson of how to recognize them , Ignore and move on

I will pretend to be interested in their proposal so that I can fully learn about this type of scam.

•••
Your probably do better by just searching here on NP's using the term "domain scam" that will bring-up hundreds of examples (mostly like the one you received) It wont take long to open your eyes

Encouraging the Scammer to communicate is only going to put you on other target-lists for future scam attempts

•••
He will use it to generate traffic to his new site.

such phrases should tip you off, that it's a scam email

why?

because they don't know if your name has traffic or not.... so how can it be used to "drive traffic"

also, change the title of this thread, as it is not a sale, just an inquiry.

a sale occurs, after you receive payment for a domain transaction.

imo....

Last edited:
•••
I will pretend to be interested in their proposal so that I can fully learn about this type of scam.

What's to fully learn?

If anyone makes an "offer" that involves you putting up any kind of upfront money (for services, fees, etc.) then it is a scam, 100%. All you will do it waste more time jerking them off.

YOU DO NOT PAY UPFRONT MONEY TO SELL DOMAINS - it sounds logical, but many people don't understand this basic fact of business.

•••

Hello!

100% SCAM.

•••
I just answered to them:

Asking me to spend unnecessary money in order to get money is outrageous. You just could be working for this "authorizeinc.net " company and after I spent my money tell me that your client gave up or just disappear.
Furthermore, there is a simple and straightforward way to buy this domain. Just go to the Godaddy site, buy it and then you can resell to your client for whatever price you want.

•••

Sometimes these clowns aren't smart enough to mask their info well enough. When that happens, in my mind, they are fair game for any 'consequences' I can send their way for attempting to con me!

•••
I just answered to them:

Asking me to spend unnecessary money in order to get money is outrageous. You just could be working for this "authorizeinc.net " company and after I spent my money tell me that your client gave up or just disappear.
Furthermore, there is a simple and straightforward way to buy this domain. Just go to the Godaddy site, buy it and then you can resell to your client for whatever price you want.
Scammers are S-C-A-M-M-E-R-S!

They take/make money from unsuspecting, unknowledgeable and/or greedy people. Delete their email - and all future ones you receive that are similar - without giving it/them a second thought. (But not until you post in Warnings and Alerts.)

They have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST in buying your domain
- never did and never will - and are probably sitting there laughing their butts off to your response. They are just trying to make a quick buck off you by having you pay for an appraisal!

There are MANY versions of this scam. Keep an eye out in Warnings and Alerts for the latest ones so you don't get sucked in.

Now stop overthinking and reacting to this and move on!

You are wasting precious minutes/hours/days of your life...

Last edited:
•••
You are wasting precious minutes/hours/days of your life...

Not really. I am learning with this experience. Learning is a necessary process. By learning how they operate I will be better prepared when another scam attempt targets me.

Last edited:
•••
and are probably sitting there laughing their butts off to your response.

I do not think they would laugh at their unsuccessful scam effort.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back