IT.COM

Planning to purchase/lease some domains for traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cassius

Account Closed
Impact
I have a web site under development and I plan to purchase some traffic once I am launched. Ideally I would like to find some domains that get traffic from my target demographic. Whether or not there is click-through traffic is not important (in fact, I'm thinking I might get a better deal on domains that have a very low click-through rate).

I might even lease the domains for a brief period of time to spike the initial traffic. My target market are US and Canadian singles who are involved in online dating. So a domain like nysingles.com or something like that would be of interest.

My quesion is this, what would be a reasonable price for a domain (or series of domains) that would deliver 10,000 impressions a month. Likewise, if I were only to lease the traffic (from a low click-through page) what would I expect to pay on a monthly basis?

TIA

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
General rule of thumbs I have seen around:
$.02 per unique for un-targeted traffic
$.10 and higher for targeted traffic

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back