.place - Fail?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
2,975
I was thinking to buy some .place domains
Only 790 domains have been registered :|
ntldstats.com/tld/place
Your opinions please!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
If I register name.stupidgtld, what happens if the registry goes kaput?
 
0
•••
If I register name.stupidgtld, what happens if the registry goes kaput?

I guess the same as if your .al goes kaput wouldn't ya think?
 
0
•••
Pretty much the same as any of the hundreds of new generic domains. Why not? It's speculation like anything else. Wouldn't spend a fortune on them though.
 
1
•••
I guess the same as if your .al goes kaput wouldn't ya think?
I don't think Albania is going to disappear from the maps any time soon.
On the other hand, some of new TLDs will be retired after a few years, that is those that are not profitable.
 
0
•••
some of new TLDs will be retired after a few years, that is those that are not profitable.

Why would any extension be retired instead of:
* Sold pre-bankruptcy by failed registrar to another registrar?
* Sold during bankruptcy by failed registrar to another registrar?
* Sold after bankruptcy by ICANN to another registrar?
* Given away for free by ICANN to another registrar for them to manage?
 
1
•••
Because it has to be profitable :)
 
0
•••
Who would bid for a a money losing registry?

Why would any extension be retired instead of:
* Sold pre-bankruptcy by failed registrar to another registrar?
* Sold during bankruptcy by failed registrar to another registrar?
* Sold after bankruptcy by ICANN to another registrar?
* Given away for free by ICANN to another registrar for them to manage?
 
0
•••
I guess the same as if your .al goes kaput wouldn't ya think?

I think, but not like you. .al is for Albania, a country and it's gonna be there for ages.

Registries however are going to do a quick calculations especially as names fail to renew after the initial rush. So people have to worry about the quality name and whether the registry will be there the next year.
 
0
•••
I think ealfert sums it up well enough in his above post. I would add that new new gTLDS have to show stability before being granted one.

I don't know of many countries that aren't up to their xss in debt therefore that kite doesn't fly IMO.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back