IT.COM

.place - Fail?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
I was thinking to buy some .place domains
Only 790 domains have been registered :|
ntldstats.com/tld/place
Your opinions please!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hypothetically if someone were to use Childrens.place and Children's Place is Trademarked, do they automatically have rights to the domain?
It is important to understand that TMs do not all have the same weight, the same scope and the same (geographical) reach.

As for Childrens.place, you need (at a minimum) to make sure you won't use the domain to sell children clothing and you may be fine, depending on usage. But since The Children's Place is a more less famous TM internationally, not just in the USA, I wouldn't recommend registering that domain. The confusion and litigation risk is too strong. Good domains should not pose potential TM issues. When in doubt, stay away.

I think this thread is very sad, not only are the names on display worthless, some of them are legal liabilities. People are literally paying for a chance to be dragged in a UDRP or court.

•••
•••
terrible extension....absolutely terrible!

•••
I have one three word .com with place as the last word in a targeted niche with an eye on development. And me personally, I'd rather have the .com three word bought with a GD coupon @ $2.17 than the two word .place version.

•••
Available .place domains:
superior.place
amazing.place
apartment.place
apartments.place
help.place
stores.place
security.place
training.place
coins.place
wedding.place
science.place
fishing.place
academy.place
vegas.place
nyc.place
deals.place
gifts.place
gift.place
bargains.place
blackfriday.place
community.place
school.place
pro.place
prof.place
homes.place
house.place
houses.place
land.place
properties.place
villa.place
marketing.place
investments.place
investment.place
loans.place
loan.place
insure.place
gold.place
golden.place
theater.place
luxury.place
eat.place
bar.place
pub.place
pubs.place
bars.place
beer.place
superior.guide
academy.guide
pro.guide
prof.guide
houses.guide

1part.png
2part.png

Ty.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
If the new gTLDs whole (bs) purpose was to better "organize" the internet than .PLACE should be irrelevant to what is left of the dot, because these new gTLDs were supposedly made to better organize and categorize things right

The generic Top-Level Domain (gTLD) suffix “.name” is to be disregarded under the confusing similarity test, as it is a technical requirement of registration.

Who really knows though with the above, every case is different.

•••
•••
I'm not surprised you don't know what 'drop' or drop catching' is. Your newbs are showing again.

I used a lot of big words there. Take your time to digest.

Goodnight.

My god, you are so silly.

When you get out of your depth, nitwits like you, who've been on this forum for a while, instantly attempt to talk down to anyone who've recently joined and call them a "newbie", as a kind of insult.

Trying to make fun of mad409, with the childish little picture you made. But actually, it is very clear, to anyone reading this thread, that he is much more aware than you are... so why not creep back to your hole? :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Clearly, mad409 is much more aware than you are... so why not creep back to your hole? :)

The dumb leading the stupid. Nothing new to see here.

Actually anything Mad409 said was either so wrong or so obliviously common place knowledge that it warranted no reply.

You are a forum troll, who likes to pick fights; I get that.

You need to find your place in the world and here it is; Name Pros Forum Troll, leader of the newb patrol.

Congratulations.

Don't you have another gTLD thread you want to talk nonsense in?

Just to catch everybody up to speed, you are the gTLD advocate (gTLD Jesus) Who hasn't bought a single one, nor have you sold a single domain.

I think at this point you will find a pumpkin authoritative and more knowledgable than you sunshine

You may continue your tirade of nonsense again now.

•••
don't know, hopefully not. Just regged hire.place a while ago...

•••
The dumb leading the stupid. Nothing new to see here.

Actually anything Mad409 said was either so wrong or so obliviously common place knowledge that it warranted no reply.

You are a forum troll, who likes to pick fights; I get that.

You need to find your place in the world and here it is; Name Pros Forum Troll, leader of the newb patrol.

Congratulations.

Don't you have another gTLD thread you want to talk nonsense in?

Just to catch everybody up to speed, you are the gTLD advocate (gTLD Jesus) Who hasn't bought a single one, nor have you sold a single domain.

I think at this point you will find a pumpkin authoritative and more knowledgable than you sunshine

You may continue your tirade of nonsense again now.

The dumb leading the stupid? :)
Forum troll? :)
I like to pick fights? :)
NP forum troll leader of the newb patrol? :)
gTLD Jesus? :)
continue your tirade of nonsense? :)
I haven't bought a single one? :)

Too funny, keep on flaming!

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
If I register name.stupidgtld, what happens if the registry goes kaput?

•••
If I register name.stupidgtld, what happens if the registry goes kaput?

I guess the same as if your .al goes kaput wouldn't ya think?

•••
Pretty much the same as any of the hundreds of new generic domains. Why not? It's speculation like anything else. Wouldn't spend a fortune on them though.

•••
I don't think Albania is going to disappear from the maps any time soon.
On the other hand, some of new TLDs will be retired after a few years, that is those that are not profitable.

•••
some of new TLDs will be retired after a few years, that is those that are not profitable.

Why would any extension be retired instead of:
* Sold pre-bankruptcy by failed registrar to another registrar?
* Sold during bankruptcy by failed registrar to another registrar?
* Sold after bankruptcy by ICANN to another registrar?
* Given away for free by ICANN to another registrar for them to manage?

•••
Because it has to be profitable :)

•••
Who would bid for a a money losing registry?

Why would any extension be retired instead of:
* Sold pre-bankruptcy by failed registrar to another registrar?
* Sold during bankruptcy by failed registrar to another registrar?
* Sold after bankruptcy by ICANN to another registrar?
* Given away for free by ICANN to another registrar for them to manage?

•••

I think, but not like you. .al is for Albania, a country and it's gonna be there for ages.

Registries however are going to do a quick calculations especially as names fail to renew after the initial rush. So people have to worry about the quality name and whether the registry will be there the next year.

•••
I think ealfert sums it up well enough in his above post. I would add that new new gTLDS have to show stability before being granted one.

I don't know of many countries that aren't up to their xss in debt therefore that kite doesn't fly IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back