Dynadot

domain Phonetexts.com selling. My story.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dustin117

Impact
So I bought domains since I was 13 in 1998 and it was coinz.net which I sold rare coins my grandpa had given me and listed him as manager lol. Anyways I never thought of domains as business and I’ve had valuable domains I let expire cause I didn’t see value in paying $12 to renew. What brings me here is I’d like to start selling domains and I recently bought PhoneTexts.com called many brokers who are great people and was advised to put a listing on godaddy. Is anyone interested in it or have advice?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So I bought domains since I was 13 in 1998 and it was coinz.net which I sold rare coins my grandpa had given me and listed him as manager lol. Anyways I never thought of domains as business and I’ve had valuable domains I let expire cause I didn’t see value in paying $12 to renew. What brings me here is I’d like to start selling domains and I recently bought PhoneTexts.com called many brokers who are great people and was advised to put a listing on godaddy. Is anyone interested in it or have advice?

I don't think it is really that strong of a domain, especially for a broker to take on.

Who would be the potential end user for this domain?

Brad

•••
I don't think it is really that strong of a domain, especially for a broker to take on.

Who would be the potential end user for this domain?

Brad

•••
Potential business texting companies, international SIM companies, affiliate sellers. It’s two words that are keyword rich. I think it has great potential and one of the domain brokers I talked to thought it was great but ultimately we’re not interested because their interests are in the top 1% of domains.

•••
You registered it yesterday. Why do you think it was available and cost only $10? And why do you think that a company would want to buy it and pay thousands of dollars for it now? Your purchase didn't make it more valuable than it was yesterday. With domains related to emerging technologies, if you buy the right ones early enough, you might strike gold later on. This isn't the case and selling this domain for any reasonable sum would be equivalent to winning the lottery. While sometimes people get lucky, it isn't a good investment strategy. If you want to seriously get into domaining, make sure to read, read, read, analyze sales and only then start buying. Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. That’s really helpful.

•••
No prob. This domain was registered and dropped before you had it, so at least you're not the first one who ever thought of owning it, though the first time it was registered seems to have been 2011, so nobody until 2011 thought it was a good idea to own it. If you're willing to sit on it for a few years in the context of a portfolio, who knows. Maybe it'll sell. But it's certainly not a domain any serious broker would take on. General sell through rate in the industry is 1%-2% and can increase for better domains. So if you own 100 average domains that have some potential to sell, 1 or 2 might sell in a given year.

Last edited:
•••
•••
No prob. This domain was registered and dropped before you had it, so at least you're not the first one who ever thought of owning it, though the first time it was registered seems to have been 2011, so nobody until 2011 thought it was a good idea to own it. If you're willing to sit on it for a few years in the context of a portfolio, who knows. Maybe it'll sell. But it's certainly not a domain any serious broker would take on. General sell through rate in the industry is 1%-2% and can increase for better domains. So if you own 100 average domains that have some potential to sell, 1 or 2 might sell in a given year.
One thing I don’t understand is why I see nonsense domains selling for thousands just because they have backlinks. I think I’m pretty knowledgeable about keyword rich opportunities but I don’t understand why people are paying good money for nonsense domains.

•••
I personally don't invest in such domains, but the link juice helps with SEO. Search engines are already familiar with established domains so they reward the owners, especially if the sites have backlinks from serious sites. You won't find domains to hand register with any interesting backlinks. I suggest that you follow the link I posted earlier and just read the 3 parts. That's a good place to start and you can progress from there. Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back