Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Phishing site?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

kruwreka

Established Member
Impact
47
This might be a brutaly stupid question. I was looking up something in google relating to here and one of the links took me to a domain whose URL appeared like this in the address bar - www.www.namepros.com. Note the two www.www on the front. It told me I was logged out and to log in. Is that a phishing site? Or am I missing something?

--kru
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
nah, just looks like RJ has wildcard subdomains:

http://kruwreka.namepros.com/

if there is something on the other side of the domain, e.g.

namepros.kruwreka.com, different story. that would be more likely a phishing scam.
 
0
•••
Oh ok. I guess better save than sorry. Now I have to go and read up on wildcard subdomains.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back