Domain Empire

opinion Pheenix

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should I wait 60 days?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Why? The names you win are yours and will not be taken away.

votes
    66.7%
  • I've had a bad experience with a name being taken after I paid. (Please explain)

vote
    33.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

N-A

Account Closed
Impact
I posted some concerns of Pheenix in:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/pheenix-backorder.819181/page-4

However, I'd like to know your opinions on this specific drop catcher.

The whois info is annoying and they have a high success rate of names I want.

Should I wait 60 days to transfer out before investing money into development? Wait 60 days before a sale?

Thank you,
David

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I feel they are worth the risk and very reliable to be honest.

They are willing to work with you even when your payments (high $xxx) are delayed. And I am not talking about 1-2 days, but atleast 2-3 weeks!

Best part is they are available on NamePros to answer your queries.

I now have 41 domain names worth high $xxxx (purchased value) with them, and have already had sales worth $xx,xxx from just 2 names sold which were secured from their platform. Very easy to transfer domains out of their platform as well.

•••
Should I wait 60 days to transfer out before investing money into development? Wait 60 days before a sale?

Not really following both of those.

I had a couple of cases where somebody really wanted a name within the 60 days, enough to open an account where I just pushed the domain on over.

You can start development right after you get the name, why wait 60 days?

•••
Change of contact information since under privacy now.

•••
•••
I had a couple of cases where somebody really wanted a name within the 60 days, enough to open an account where I just pushed the domain on over.

Exactly same here.

And Soofi is right, they are very lenient and always ready to help when it comes to payments. 60 day rule is would be applicable no matter what and the best solution could be using a backorder service thats works with/supports your preferred registrar. (like Snapnames->Networksolutions & Namejet->Enom).

•••
Pheenix totally rippped me off!

I was late paying for some drops they caught but I went in and did pay for them. But now they still wont hand over the names. Not only that they took all my other names from the account (except 1).

Use this "company" at your peril.

•••
I was late paying for some drops they caught
In my opinion, you can't blame a company when you fail to hold up your end of the bargain...

•••
In my opinion, you can't blame a company when you fail to hold up your end of the bargain...

did i fail to hold up my end? i was allowed to pay for the names despite the fact that a couple of months had passed. i saw that an amount was due, something that up until then i was not aware of, and it was apparent that i could still pay for the outstanding invoices and thats exactly what i did. i paid good money. how was i not holding up my end in good faith in that instance?

now even if there was a valid ground to withhold those particular names how then is it right for them to take all my other names and sell them off or offer them for sale or just keep them for their own purposes?? those names were fully paid for. so how did i fail to uphold my end in that instance.

is this really how you would want to be treated in a commercial transaction? is this how you would treat your customers? think about that.

if this is how he lets his companies behave then i predict nothing but failure for tan tran. in the long run people will not do business with those who act with such callousness. i have accepted the loss of these names (and if anyone here knows me they know that domains mean life to me - i care not a lick about the money or any of that - i care only about the domains) and am moving on, but i do want the np community to know that if they are not very careful they too might suffer the same loss.

Last edited:
•••
did i fail to hold up my end? i was allowed to pay for the names despite the fact that a couple of months had passed. i saw that an amount was due, something that up until then i was not aware of, and it was apparent that i could still pay for the outstanding invoices and thats exactly what i did. i paid good money. how was i not holding up my end in good faith in that instance?

now even if there was a valid ground to withhold those particular names how then is it right for them to take all my other names and sell them off or offer them for sale or just keep them for their own purposes?? those names were fully paid for. so how did i fail to uphold my end in that instance.

is this really how you would want to be treated in a commercial transaction? is this how you would treat your customers? think about that.

if this is how he lets his companies behave then i predict nothing but failure for tan tran. in the long run people will not do business with those who act with such callousness. i have accepted the loss of these names (and if anyone here knows me they know that domains mean life to me - i care not a lick about the money or any of that - i care only about the domains) and am moving on, but i do want the np community to know that if they are not very careful they too might suffer the same loss.
  1. In the event that we successfully obtains registration rights for the selected domain name, and if there are no other backorder request for the selected domain name, you agree to pay any and all required fees to us immediately after the selected domain name has been registered. Valid payment must be received within forty-eight (48) hours from the date of the selected domain name's registration ("Payment Deadline"). You understand and agree that you bear the sole responsibility for making timely and valid payment, and that we disclaim any responsibility for failed or un-received payment, regardless of reason or fault. In the event that we do not receive your timely and valid payment by the Payment Deadline, you will immediately lose the right to purchase the domain.
I don't know how much clearer it can get... This goes for Pheenix, GoDaddy, etc. for all purchases, anywhere online. I wouldn't expect my hosting provider to keep an image of my disks after they terminated my service for failure to pay in months, even though I paid them on the day I received an immediate termination notice.

However, I understand where you're coming from and feel empathy towards your situation of a loss. This isn't to take sides with either Pheenix or yourself. I am merely quoting this section of the ToS as it goes for every service. I don't believe one can gripe about losses and dime out a company for taking action when they agreed to such terms, even if one never read the ToS. By now, it should just be assumed that this is what you're basically agreeing to, with everyone in the domain name industry, and I'd go as far as saying any ecommerce site on the web today.

•••
OK, but how many threads do you need to vent your problem ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back