IT.COM

Pheenix.com is doing some shady things! BEWARE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Recently I won the domain name TTP.co at pheenix auction. Payment was made and the domain name showed up in my acct. I decided id put it up for make offer here in namepros. I received a message from a user here stating the domain was not registered at phoenix but it was at dynadot. I decided to go through my list of domains I purchased in auction at phoenix and make sure there weren't any other similar issues.

TTP.co - registered at Dynadot

ComputerRepair.co - registered at 1and1

Xzl.co - registered at 1and1

Findex.co - registrar solutions, redirects to findex.com

Hemisphere.co - registered at namecheap

MixedReality.xyz - Dynadot

Bigfoot.xyz - west263.hk

Demos.xyz - west263.hk

Total I've paid for these: $519

Looks like Pheenix is auctioning off domains they don't have the rights to.

this is just the .co and .xyz domains, I'm yet to go through all my .com and other extensions to see if there's issues there too.

I tried to call phoenix at the phone number displayed on their contact page, but the number has been disconnected.

I sent an email to their support staff on Nov 20 and still no reply back.

I've been in discussion with both @Amanda and Eric already, who say they are aware of issues with @pheenix

I'm highly considering moving all of my domains from pheenix.

BEWARE

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am getting Pheenix emails with zero domains or occasionally 1 (always very bad). It looks like an abandoned business to me. Surprised to learn you are actually getting domain listings from them.

•••
Total I've paid for these: $519
Sorry for your loss...

However there are quite a few threads about these things here lately, don't you follow?

•••
Sorry for your loss...

However there are quite a few threads about these things here lately, don't you follow?
I’m not on namepros much, when I am it’s usually checking out reported sales or requests and in the pro directory.

•••
•••
regardless of if I was late or if I didn't read posts about this from other members with similar issues this crap shouldn't be happening. If phoenix is abandoned or whatever is going on they need to shut the site down and move the domains managed by them to another registrar.

•••
If you paid via PayPal, just raise a dispute with them.

•••
Update:

After opening 7 disputes on PayPal, another email to pheenix, contacting the ceo Tan Tran on linked in and messaging him here on namepros I got the issues resolved and was refunded $519 back to my PayPal account.

The message I received explaining the issues with the .co and .xyz Auctions was as follows:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It appears that the domains were mislisted in the Marketplace. This sometimes happens to non com/net/org domain extensions.

I highly recommend if anyone else is having issues to launch a dispute with PayPal or your credit card company. Seemed to get their attention when I opened 7 separate disputes on PayPal.

WARNING
even if these non .com/.net/.org domains show in your account at pheenix, be certain to double check the Whois to ensure they are registered at pheenix. @Backorder-ing.com

Last edited:
•••
regardless of if I was late or if I didn't read posts about this from other members with similar issues this crap shouldn't be happening. If phoenix is abandoned or whatever is going on they need to shut the site down and move the domains managed by them to another registrar.
Hi .
.co are not real in pheenix ... just stick there with .com .net & .org
but you can claim refund as it happened to me as well but i had to call them yelled alot then i got my money back almost after 1 month they put .co in auctions so users can deposit amounts then there are no .co

•••
•••
•••
Does anyone here have domains registered at Pheenix? If so, can you please pm me. I’m seeking a favour

JM

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back