Domain Empire

Person name + Other Meaning + Company - Tangled Relation :D

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xull

Established Member
Impact
Hi. A question out of curiosity. And my name is not amber, or even rose.

Let say, I registered a name: www . AmberRose. com

Amber - Medium brightness of light. Semi translucent.
Rose - A flower. Also past tense of rise.
Amber Rose also might be a person name.

Reason for buy, is for my domain investment. I personally like the name and Intended to quick domain flip or second option, might develop to florist site.

Given the situation:

1) There is a live website.. AmberRoseDesign . com. They offer service such design-related online. As in their website, there is "Copyright By AR Design" note at the bottom. Check in USDRP, no business is registered as Amber Rose. Is it a good idea to send them an email, offering them the domain as an upgrade for their current name?

2) There is a person, named Amber Rose. She wanted to start his personal blog, selling cupcakes. She intended to use "Amber Rose" as the brand name, and the website. Can she accuse me of cybersquatting?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. If the "Amber Rose" in question is using that name as a trademark for whatever product or service (a.k.a. service mark) they're selling, then emailing them to offer the domain name for a price isn't a good idea. That party might then use your email against you for cybersquatting.

2. If that person has a trademark on her name, more so material grounds to accuse you of cybersquatting, then yes. Material grounds may include, but not limited to, your trying to sell the name to her and/or your putting ads on the domain name showing competing products to hers.

Bottom line: not a good idea trying to sell to a (possible, anyway) trademark holder their domain name-sake.

•••
Thanks @Dave_Z .

But, what if i purchase the domain, and waiting for offer to come in? Can they also accuse me to cybersquatting? For example, www . timcook . com. Im not sure if the domain is Apple's Tim Cook. Are the ones named tim cook can register this name and safe from cybersquatting reason?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back