IT.COM

Pepperjam sucks.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
That's all, really. Pepperjam used to be 'ok' but now, as far as I can tell, they don't track ANY conversions.

Their tracking is, at best, horrible, at worst (and possibly more accurate), criminal.

Terrible network now. No wonder all their advertisers are leaving.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recently there has been some discussion of contextual adware marketing / forced clicks (aka "cookie stuffing") by some sleazy affiliates in that network. Google it and you'll find some of the forum threads where specific merchants have been named.

I only promote one merchant on PJ and the conversion rate is in the range of other companies I work with in that vertical, but I know they also reject a lot of affiliate applications so they may be keeping their own program relatively clean that way.

•••
I recently switched over one merchant that has an aff program on both CJ and PJ - switched all the links to CJ.

In one week at CJ, 18 sales were tabulated - in the previous three months at PJ... 0 sales. It makes me cringe when I think about how many sales I lost during the Christmas buying season because of PJ being a fraud.

•••
Ugh - Glad to hear that at least you're back on track with that one merchant!

The question is, is it PJ or is it parasites? If your cookie's getting overwritten by forced clicks from some other affiliate, that's who's eating your lunch. There are affiliates on PJ who were kicked out of other networks for doing that. Lame.

I'd mention it to the program's aff manager too, if you haven't already. Sometimes s*** happens, something breaks, nobody notices.

The one merchant I work with there moved over from Linkshare and the activity's stayed about the same. (Not that Linkshare's known for its foolproof tracking either :rolleyes:)

That said, for multi-network merchants I always go with CJ or SAS if I can. I've personally never had tracking issues on either.

•••
yeah, i'm with you in cj and sas - best two aff networks I've used.

I did contact PJ several times and they sent me back some email to the effect of "if you send traffic and make sales, our conversion tracking will work", which is not only condescending, but also evidently incorrect.

Really not sure if it's PJ or parasites... but I dislike PJ so much now that I'm just blaming them. :)

•••
I did contact PJ several times and they sent me back some email to the effect of "if you send traffic and make sales, our conversion tracking will work"

That's the kind of response I'd expect from the network...

I meant to contact the merchant's affiliate program manager. Contact info for them will be on the program details page, if not on PJ get it from CJ. If there's a problem with tracking, they'd want to know - it's their job to deal with things like that.

but I dislike PJ so much now that I'm just blaming them

LOL :)!

Last edited:
•••
And they deny a lot of people trying to join them. Ah well...

•••
I just registered with them and stuck in some Paypal confirmation. It was in my plan to take a look around but from what I can see here ... I'll better look in other directions.

•••
I have seen a couple of websites that tell the visitor to erase their cookies before going to the vendor page

•••
I must agree, old time was ok with PJ, but in the last couple of months, no one to talk to. thats a same.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back