NameSilo

People can register .CN domain name without providing documents now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TACOO

Established Member
Impact
When .CN & .中国 first launched, they were restricted to Chinese registrants. Then, the central registry for .CN & .中国, CNNIC, decided to open up registration to everyone with some documentation requirements. Now, those requirements are no longer necessary to register a .CN or .中国 domain!

Although .CN & .中国 domains no longer require documentation for registration, documentation is still required if you want to set name servers for your domain.In this case, you would need to either provide a photo ID or a business license to be audited by CNNIC. However, if you are looking to invest in .CN or .中国 domains and aren't planning on creating websites for them, you can skip these steps altogether.

More information from here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/2014/08/cn-domain-sale-new-documentation-requirements.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When .CN & .中国 first launched, they were restricted to Chinese registrants. Then, the central registry for .CN & .中国, CNNIC, decided to open up registration to everyone with some documentation requirements. Now, those requirements are no longer necessary to register a .CN or .中国 domain!

Although .CN & .中国 domains no longer require documentation for registration, documentation is still required if you want to set name servers for your domain.In this case, you would need to either provide a photo ID or a business license to be audited by CNNIC. However, if you are looking to invest in .CN or .中国 domains and aren't planning on creating websites for them, you can skip these steps altogether.

More information here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/2014/08/cn-domain-sale-new-documentation-requirements.html

•••
Yes, I read that in newsletter.. But I think besties are already gone.. & I can't communicate with most of the Chinese end users.. these are enough reasons to keep myself away from getting .cn

•••
Yes, I read that in newsletter.. But I think besties are already gone.. & I can't communicate with most of the Chinese end users.. these are enough reasons to keep myself away from getting .cn
Ye, since a lot NewgTLDs keep coming, but I would like to register anyway, it seems to be the top 3 cctld, though few people has payed attention on it.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
It's worst when It comes to communicate with end user..
There is some international platforms like SEDO, people there can speak English.

•••
There are no issues with google translate

Occasionally you convert a word or sentence and it loses its context or meaning and then just tinker a little with other words in Google translate

There are other great sites and forums out there where chinese/english speakers can help. Im not just talking about chinese, any foreign language

Its worth it to make a x, xxx or xx, xxx sale

•••
There are no issues with google translate

Occasionally you convert a word or sentence and it loses its context or meaning and then just tinker a little with other words in Google translate

There are other great sites and forums out there where chinese/english speakers can help. Im not just talking about chinese, any foreign language

Its worth it to make a x, xxx or xx, xxx sale
Good suggestion, I will try it!

•••

More information from here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/2014/08/cn-domain-sale-new-documentation-requirements.html

I have mentioned NiceNic.net before.

They provide a full service,including proxy, for registration of .cn ,中国 .

Very good pricing,complete control over the name(s) and you don't have to,provide documentation.

•••
.cn always focus on improving user experience.

•••
hi, may I ask where to get the Newsletter? I also want to read domain names newsletter. Thank you.
.CN websites should be much more familiar and intimity for Chinese end users.

•••
I have mentioned NiceNic.net before.

They provide a full service,including proxy, for registration of .cn ,中国 .

Very good pricing,complete control over the name(s) and you don't have to,provide documentation.
NiceNic is a good registrar. And, also there are so many good registrars(both in overseas and domestic) for .CN registration.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back