Domain Empire

Pending delete

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
Guys,

If a name deleted on, say, september 1st and i forgot to pool/clubdrop (whatever) it.

Whats the best way to ensure I get the name?? Dont think it was backordered by anyone. And aside from taking my chances when it drops completely, are there any automated services on offer for names in the 5 day 'pending delete' status??

Thnks (in advance)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not quite sure i understand your question here. If it's in the pending delete stage and there's no drop on it with enom then you can put a drop on it. If the name has alread dropped and someone else has regitered it then your SOL.

What's the name by the way?

Lux

•••
If it was namewinner that got the name, I believe they have a process in place to allow new bidders that weren't there before the name dropped. However, they charge a fee for letting you in.

•••
No, im not explaining myself properly.....

The name was on all the drop lists on 9/1.... I forgot to backorder etc and then later I checked the name and its still showing as regged/pending delete. I looked into it further and Im to believe theres this 5day period after dropping b4 you can openly regged it??

Maybe im wrong about this whole issue?? Enlighten me someone please...

•••
If the name is on lists as dropping on the 1st then i would imagine what your seeing is the status as it is before it change to the new owner. I'm assuming you've tried to register it right? If so then check tomorrow and you'll probably see it belongs to someone else.

Lux

•••
Enter your domain in http://freewho.com/ (assuming its a com/net/org/biz/info/us), and it'll tell you on what day the domain is expected to drop. Perhaps you stillhave a chance!

•••
Yes Collieri you are right. Here is the famous deletion cycle diagram from Snapnames.com http://www.snapnames.com/images/deletecycle.gif

I still think your not correct though. I believe lux may be correct about the domain being registered/caught. Whois info usually does not update the same day for deleting domains. Check in 24 hours. You mentioned that you found the domain in a 9/1 drop list. If it's an enom, pool, namewinner etc.. (all the main players) Their lists are accurate. That "5day" registry hold before a domain deletes is already calculated so the domain probably was deleted & caught/regged already. And for your last question, if you forgot to BO a name, there are people that use enom/dotster etc.. api scripts/programs. I bought one that ran off enom api for $25 called desktopapi and it did work for names that nobody cared for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back