domains Peace.com sells for $400K at Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Peace.com sold for $400,000 at Sedo. Namebio reported the sale just now. I saw the domain name at auction and there was a $250K bid when I looked. The reserve looks to have been met with the increase to $400k. Peace.com was registered in 1998 after 4 previous drops. Congrats to the seller.
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Truly a gift on the buyers side.

•••
Soooo going by Sedo's own rules pdfs.com should be a trademark infringement unless the owner of Adobe is the seller.

"PDF" is an abbreviation of the global document file format. It's not under anyone's trademark rules.

•••
"PDF" is an abbreviation of the global document file format. It's not under anyone's trademark rules.
Adobe created the PDF file format.

•••

Yes. They founded the "file format" and they have to put a name on it, so called Portable Document File.

It doesn't give them any IP rights on the abbreviation itself.

•••
I watched the end of the auction and I am pretty sure that the $400,000 bid did not met the reserve.

•••
I watched the end of the auction and I am pretty sure that the $400,000 bid did not met the reserve.
i think reserved range was 500000$ to 1000000$
if the high bid was 400k not meet the reserve so no sale in auction...maybe after if seller & buyer agree for 400k with help of transfer/broker agent from Sedo

Last edited:
•••
Here is the list of all Adobe trademarks filed. 'PDF' does not appear to be trademarked by Adobe.

However, if you check for 'pdf' trademarks on the WIPO site, there are hundreds of trademarks for 'pdf' and 'pdf' + keyword, etc. Mostly in Japan and Korea.

So you're both a little correct; no Adobe TM, but yes many other TMs :)

•••
Unless, your company is named "Peace" their is little use for it. How do you brand peace?

•••
Unless, your company is named "Peace" their is little use for it. How do you brand peace?
If you input 'peace' to the WIPO site I linked to in my above post, you'll find that there are almost 12,000 trademarks on 'peace' and on 'peace' + keyword/s. Huge word to brand -- for health, mindfulness, meditation, spirituality, religion, sleep/rest, 'coolness', being 'hip', fads, hippies, even 'peace of mind' for investing, insurance, etc, the list goes on and on and on and on :)

Peace, brother ✌️

Last edited:
•••

Peace.com sells for $400K​

It's cheap because it isn't trendy in our world.

New world order is WAR & WEAPON, AI, viruses etc. So better invest in medical domains
I have war // money; hope I would get a super luck chance in future for some kinds of war of money ")

•••
"Peace.com was registered in 1998 after 4 previous drops." - who was gathering drop/reg data back then? :oops:
whois.com ?

•••
•••
Great domain sold for less price in my opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back