IT.COM

PayPal

NameSilo
Watch

Adriaanh

Established Member
Impact
Is Paypal safe for receiving payments?

Do one need to wait for payment clearance, can payments be reversed?

Amazon allows their customers to reverse payments without much troubles.

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Paypal is very secure to get payments, it also provides facility to transfer money from your paypal account to your bank account.

•••
I think PayPal is very safe. Payments can be reversed if the buyer used a credit card. I've never had this happen to me; and I've probably done over 5,000 transactions through them.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
Has there been a recent change to PayPal fees for payment outside U.S.?

Today I was looking at a fee of $4.99 to send a $5 payment internationally.

•••
Has there been a recent change to PayPal fees for payment outside U.S.?

Today I was looking at a fee of $4.99 to send a $5 payment internationally.
Are you sure?!

•••
Yep.

This: (Please note, I have a personal account and not a business account.)

Sending to other countries.

If you are a U.S. PayPal account holder sending money to a friend or family member with a PayPal account in a country other than the U.S., you may pay a fee depending on how you pay and which country the recipient’s account is in.

Payment method:
Funded by your PayPal balance or a bank account linked to your PayPal account.

Country of recipient’s account:
Fees:

Canada & Europe* $2.99 USD†
any other country $4.99 USD†

Last edited:
•••
Yep.

This: (Please note, I have a personal account and not a business account.)

Sending to other countries.

If you are a U.S. PayPal account holder sending money to a friend or family member with a PayPal account in a country other than the U.S., you may pay a fee depending on how you pay and which country the recipient’s account is in.

Payment method:
Funded by your PayPal balance or a bank account linked to your PayPal account.

Country of recipient’s account:
Fees:

Canada & Europe* $2.99 USD†
any other country $4.99 USD†
:O Is this new?

•••
Yes it just started recently.

•••
:O Is this new?
I don't really know. The policy section does say last updated April 19, but I don't know anything beyond that. This is news to me.

For buyers, fees are still waived on purchases, AFAIK. To be honest, I haven't sent other types of payments internationally for quite a long while.

•••
Last month they sent out changes to PayPal user agreement email like they do every year. This time they were going after the Friends and Family section regarding international. There were a few other changes.

As far as the question would not take payments through PayPal from an end user for any amount you cannot safely lose. You need to keep proof you delivered the domain to them should they try to do a chargeback. It happens. Best to use escrow service unless it’s a small amount.

Last edited:
•••
You should provide clear and full descriptive of the transaction along with domain ownership screenshoot proof, all of these details should be noted within paypal invoice.

Another critical step is to make sure person you talk/communicate is exactly the same person you paid, communicate through the very same email address.

Additional step is get the first or the last communication through social media account. Lastly you should ask receiving confirmation.

•••
Last month they sent out changes to PayPal user agreement email like they do every year. This time they were going after the Friends and Family section regarding international.
I have to wonder if this change was due to rampant abuse of the F&F option.

When certain advantages are abused/misused, the ones who generally prefer to go by the rules end up paying the cost.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back