Dynadot

PayPal updates policies; becomes more expensive for domainers to transact

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like they are capitalizing on the china market.

Additional items that are not eligible for Seller Protection now include the following:

Financial products or investments of any kind.
Payments sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality. This popular work around is dead :(

More reasons not to use PayPal. No protections for the sellers.

•••
In representations to your customers or in public communications, you agree not to mischaracterize PayPal as a payment method. At all of your points of sale (in whatever form), you agree not to try to dissuade or inhibit your customers from using PayPal; and, if you enable your customers to pay you with PayPal, you agree to treat PayPal’s payment mark at least at par with other payment methods offered.​

So the markup cannot be passed by the sellers :-/

•••
100% right @168 ... No protection for sellers...:xf.frown:

•••
In representations to your customers or in public communications, you agree not to mischaracterize PayPal as a payment method. At all of your points of sale (in whatever form), you agree not to try to dissuade or inhibit your customers from using PayPal; and, if you enable your customers to pay you with PayPal, you agree to treat PayPal’s payment mark at least at par with other payment methods offered.​

So the markup cannot be passed by the sellers :-/
Another reason to add to the do not support pile.
Thanks

•••
Payoneer card to card..that works!

•••
•••
Looks as if PayPal doesn't need customers any more.

•••
Is there a good link to explain this? I have a Payoneer card and would like to test.

Web I think it is explained on their site payoneer.com I have seen and heard people doing it but I have never tried it myself.
I too have a card and would like to start using it! It is instantaneous ( if I understood correctly )

•••
•••
In representations to your customers or in public communications, you agree not to mischaracterize PayPal as a payment method.

But they do not say what they want you to characterise it as. Confusing and ambiguous. If it is not a payment method what is it?

At all of your points of sale (in whatever form), you agree not to try to dissuade or inhibit your customers from using PayPal; and, if you enable your customers to pay you with PayPal, you agree to treat PayPal’s payment mark at least at par with other payment methods offered.

Ah yes on Internet.bs the Paypal button is often hidden and you have to hunt for it.

Did anyone notice that part where a seller gets charged $20.00 for defeating a chargeback?

Last edited:
•••
Carob
"Did anyone notice that part where a seller gets charged $20.00 for defeating a chargeback?"
Yea,
More reason to boycott. "Paypal - if your in the right then so are we by 20 bucks because we guarantee you won't be eligible
for seller protection under the new seller protection guidelines even if you respond in a timely manner

We are updating the eligibility requirements for Purchase Protection to require that you must respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
Ha a couple of domainers recently contributed to this change:)
Fees everywhere.
Registries
Registrars
Payment methods
out of country charges from both countries
brokers
listing fees
Where does it end?

•••
Domain investors using PayPal for sending payments overseas will pay higher fees, starting March 29th, 2017.
We are changing the standard transaction fee for sellers selling goods or services online to buyers outside the U.S. from 3.9% to 4.4% plus the existing fixed fee based on the currency...
Read More

it would be handy if paypal had its own domain name registrar and escrow service

•••
•••
Already they cut another percentage when exchanging currencies on top of the regular fee. This is just great.

•••
•••
ok so now the higher the bill the higher the fees and they increase it one more time

we'll i dont know what else to say ?
is there's any other way to use ?

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back