Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

PayPal payment question

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

twomoon

Amat victoria curamTop Member
Impact
1,115
Hello guys.

I have an end user for one of my domains. I don't know him. I proposed him to register at Sedo to make a bid, but he answered that it's too complicated. So is it secure to use PayPal payment? Because I have heard about cases when buyer after getting a domain returned money back.
Or maybe MoneyBookers are better?

Thanks, Nick
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Paypal is not safe, because he can do a chargeback when you transfer the domain to him.

I recommend Moneybookers.
 
0
•••
dmi said:
Paypal is not safe, because he can do a chargeback when you transfer the domain to him.

I recommend Moneybookers.

Thanks Samir,

In Moneybookers he couldn't make chargeback?
 
0
•••
I would be concerned that they find Registering at Sedo and making a bid is too complicated.
Are they 5 years old?, if it was me i would tell them Sedo,Afternic or Escrow only, unless of course they want to transfer the money to your bank account before you transfer the name ( unlikely,but has happened occasionally).
 
1
•••
liskola said:
Thanks Samir,

In Moneybookers he couldn't make chargeback?

Moneybookers does not allow chargebacks. When you receive the money, it's all yours.
 
1
•••
afaik, paypal doesn't always allow chargebacks as they are initiated from the credit card end. i'd be surprised if they decide to go with (/have) moneybookers instead of an escrow service like sedo's.
 
1
•••
shockie said:
afaik, paypal doesn't always allow chargebacks as they are initiated from the credit card end. i'd be surprised if they decide to go with (/have) moneybookers instead of an escrow service like sedo's.

There is also Moneybookers Escrow which works like a charm.
 
0
•••
Thanks guys. Rep added.

I also don't understand why registration on Sedo is too complicated and maybe i'll insist on Sedo registration.

Thank you again,
Nick
 
0
•••
Why not just use Escrow.com? It is just as safe as SEDO and comes with a lower fee than 10%.

Brad

liskola said:
Thanks guys. Rep added.

I also don't understand why registration on Sedo is too complicated and maybe i'll insist on Sedo registration.

Thank you again,
Nick
 
0
•••
If sedo is too complicated, what are they doing buying a domain name? It's abou the easiest there is. Will they be able to figure out a domain transfer?
:-/
You can always go back to the old fashioned mailed cashiers check if they will trust you.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back