IT.COM

PayPal Launches New Branded Site on PayPal. Me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Paypal wants “Paypal.Me to Become a Catchphrase”

Paypal has launched a site on Paypal.me to allows users to set up a vanity address on Paypal.me so instead of giving someone an email address to send you money you can tell them to send money to paypal.me/blogs

Source: The Domains

Well, I guess .me is one of the better extensions when combined with the right domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
paypal.me/snapnames AVAILABLE
paypal.me/namejet AVAILABLE

risky business

•••
paypal.me/onemilliondollars

•••
All first names went instantly. I took @deposit if y'all wanna send me money!

Yes, I checked my name (Ralph) and it had gone. However, a logical option to me was to just add "To" to my name. It makes perfect sense. So my link is "ToRalph"
Try it for your name before everyone gets the same idea.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
Ya'll grabbing Chinese Paypal.me/<insert lucky number here> now right?

I'd bet there's a good chance that Paypal will allow its .me users to change their .me account name down the track.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
1066 is the most instantly recognisable year in English history and will get a lot of publicity in the UK next year as it will be the 950th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings.

And my surname is Hastings!

•••
Well this is awkward, I own ypal<dot>me, so my paypal email is p<at>ypal<dot>me

So it basically looks like 'paypal me', which has always been cool, but now I just look like a spammer that they're doing this whole paypal.me thing.

•••
LOL, it remains cool Dean!

.me/1066 seems the perfect pickup for you altogether David!

•••
I got the name that matches the domain I own (@ariyas).

How many of you are using your .me address to ask for payments?

•••
I got the name that matches the domain I own (@ariyas).

How many of you are using your .me address to ask for payments?
I have used it to ask for payment. Works great in countries where it is available.

•••
I acquired :
PayPal.Me/Paisa
"Paisa" is Money in India, but unfortunately this service is still not available in India yet!

I use it more frequently these days since for some reason my email doesnt seem to work on occasions! The URL works perfectly within the available countries!

•••
I have used it to ask for payment. Works great in countries where it is available.
That's a good idea. I hadn't the forethought to choose something related to a domain I own.

•••
I acquired :
PayPal.Me/Paisa
"Paisa" is Money in India, but unfortunately this service is still not available in India yet!
Another excellent choice.

•••
this is gonna pretty much become new standard on namepros and many other places for paypal payments!

nice job Paypal.

Last edited:
•••
Love this also as it provides another brick in the "wall of confidence" in the .me extension.

•••
yep. great move. it's obvious that the old ways of making pp payments is about to die.

I guess they should have done it earlier.. but hey.. better late than never.

this could also be used as say payment button link on your domain slae website.. as:

paypal.me/yoruname/100

where 100=amoutn to pay
however, then that amount is still editable by buyer, so I guess it won't work.

perhaps for this syntax, they should have made it non editable, when amount is there at the end. would make for nice easy payment buttons for sites! :)

•••
yep. great move. it's obvious that the old ways of making pp payments is about to die.

I guess they should have done it earlier.. but hey.. better late than never.

this could also be used as say payment button link on your domain slae website.. as:

paypal.me/yoruname/100

where 100=amoutn to pay
however, then that amount is still editable by buyer, so I guess it won't work.

perhaps for this syntax, they should have made it non editable, when amount is there at the end. would make for nice easy payment buttons for sites! :)
Don't their traditional website buttons already provide this fixed price feature?

•••
Don't their traditional website buttons already provide this fixed price feature?

yep they do.
but this would be way easier to implement on your site as a simple link rather than copy paste entire button html structures etc.
imo

I mean all you'd need on your domain sale site is link your domain for sale to paypal.me/name/100

and the perosn clicks on this domain name and it takes him right to payment for $100.

•••
yep they do.
but this would be way easier to implement on your site as a simple link rather than copy paste entire button html structures etc.
imo

I mean all you'd need on your domain sale site is link your domain for sale to paypal.me/name/100

and the perosn clicks on this domain name and it takes him right to payment for $100.
However, this does not create a item ID. So, you'd have no idea which domain it was for.

•••
However, this does not create a item ID. So, you'd have no idea which domain it was for.

agreed!
maybe not the best solution after all for biz payments. unless you specifically tell buyers to enter the domain name into the payment note. not the greatest looking soltuoin for serious biz I suppose.

thanks for your input

I wanted to apologize for making this sound like its some news, my thread was move elsewhere. the problem is that paypal only added it for canadian clients today it seems.. and I had no idea this is an already existing service. either way, it's a great thing for use on namepros etc!

•••
only just grabbed mine but thinking like a domainer grabbed a chip nnn lol

thought all nnn would be long gone considering number of paypal users

•••
only just grabbed mine but thinking like a domainer grabbed a chip nnn lol

thought all nnn would be long gone considering number of paypal users
Lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back