IT.COM

PayPal Launches New Branded Site on PayPal. Me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Paypal wants “Paypal.Me to Become a Catchphrase”

Paypal has launched a site on Paypal.me to allows users to set up a vanity address on Paypal.me so instead of giving someone an email address to send you money you can tell them to send money to paypal.me/blogs

Source: The Domains

Well, I guess .me is one of the better extensions when combined with the right domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Arpit131

Unfortunately not available in my country, Greece. :(

•••
•••
•••
It will display your name and city automatically even to not logged in users and Google, not thrilled about this...

Last edited:
•••
•••
How long before people start picking brand names and try to sell them for $
:rolleyes:

•••
can't sell them, edit, or get a new one since it's pointed, linked to your one paypal account, but I could see major brands getting their names from squatters with a paypal dispute

•••
I guess the question is - can you change them? Someone might pay you to release the name so they can use it.

•••
•••
•••
Paypal wants “Paypal.Me to Become a Catchphrase”.

Wow I love it, big thanks for posting it - grabbed my abolutely ideal word at once. These would be good on twitter.

Last edited:
•••
I think we need "Paypal.me - discussion and showcase" thread now :P :xf.wink:

•••
It will display your name and city automatically even to not logged in users and Google, not thrilled about this...

Hi it seems to want Twitter and Facebook to index it but not Google - this is what is currently in their robots.txt

User-agent: Twitterbot
Disallow:
User-agent: facebookexternalhit
Disallow:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /
Allow: /pages/faqs
Allow: /pages/terms
Allow: /$

•••
•••
I grabbed mine yesterday. Already used it once to receive a payment. Will see where it goes.

•••
The weird thing is, this is so public anyone could send you money

Mine is "blue box" - maybe some "Doctor Who" fans will send me something *wink wink* ;)

•••
Mine is "blue box" - maybe some "Doctor Who" fans will send me something *wink wink* ;)

Just hope it's bigger on the inside and does not disappear.

•••
If it was a real domain... I would have myself a fairly nice name (since coming late to the party).
Other then that... we will have to see what we can make of this.

Cheers

•••
All first names went instantly. I took @deposit if y'all wanna send me money!

•••
somebody in Russia took /mafia.... wonder if they'll get mysterious donations from people in a hurry to make payments... obama is gone, trump is gone... yakuza is free

weed is taken but not public - didn't know you could do that - it says this

We're sorry, we can't show you that link at the moment.
Your friend has grabbed their PayPal.Me URL, but isn’t sharing it with the world just yet. Check back soon.

•••
somebody in Russia took /mafia.... wonder if they'll get mysterious donations from people in a hurry to make payments... obama is gone... yakuza is free

Cannabis and marijuana were available when I checked but now gone. It makes little sense to own such a pointed link unless it's your business.

•••
somebody in Russia took /mafia.... wonder if they'll get mysterious donations from people in a hurry to make payments... obama is gone, trump is gone... yakuza is free

In your paypal... you can choose to take it offline temporarily... BUT you can not send or receive from it when its offline.

Mafia would have been a fun one to have... Pay me... I am the mafia.... I can see having a lot of fun with that one.

•••
Cannabis and marijuana were available when I checked but now gone. It makes little sense to own such a pointed link unless it's your business.

Do you think the usernames will appear in the payment history? Hard to explain paying to roulette.

•••
Do you think the usernames will appear in the payment history? Hard to explain paying to roulette.
No clue but try doing a deal for church.com and getting payment via @WeeD

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back