Domain Empire

Payment Gateways

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raf

Established Member
Impact
What other payment methods other than PayPal, or 2Checkout would you say would be the best to use for any kind of ecommerce site. I am looking for services that offer bank withdrawals/deposits.

If you have had an experience with any other please post here, I am currently looking into other payment gateways so that customers from countries that have certain methods blocked are still able to purchase from the site.

Thanks, I greatly appreciate it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps Propay.com? There is a monthly limit, however. But you can enter CC info yourself which you cannot do with paypal or 2checkout. There only available for the USA I think.

Next would be the authorized.net. Your looking at $25 monthly there. Next choice would probably Wells Fargo at $31 monthly with setup fee.

•••
Thanks for recommending those sites, however I am looking for something a little more different. However, you can be outside of the USA and still be able to use a credit card or bank transactions no matter which country you are from.

•••
Some countries are blocked for a reason.

Yea Propay wont work for you they only accept USA merchants.

These are the best you can get. Verisign, authorize.net, or a traditional bank. Of course its going to cost you. You're also going to need a ssl certicate also with certain methods.

Have you looked at Ikobo.com? Might work for you.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and links guys, I really appreciate it. :tu:

•••
Ikobo.com looks pretty cool and better than paypal... anyone been using it? I wonder if more merchants should support it?

•••
iKobo would be more used by international users from what I have seen.

•••
Hmm, yeah, but they don't say about wire transfers, like the way paypal does it... for example, does withdrawing/funding my account from my bank acct incur any fees or not? And they also talk about some kind of Visa Electron card monthly fee, which I'm not sure what's it all about

Sticking to paypal and element5/shareit for now i guess for my customers ;)

•••
Well there will always be fees from such service's, however they are very minimal. For example it only costs $0.50 USD to withdraw/deposit your money into your bank account per transaction so thats not to bad really. However I'm not sure about other services though.

•••
oh, but then what are they asking abt that visa payment fee or something, it's unclear, eh?

•••
Do you mean like when your using your credit card or what exactly, I'm pretty sure there are fees however if you do use a credit card but its most likely very minimal.

•••
ikobo.com looks attractive to me.

•••
I used to use PaySystems.com as my payment processor. Their ordering form/procedure might be a bit restrictive, other than that, it did not cause me any problems!

•••
Oh okay, thanks for sharing that with us jj2ii3344.

•••
Would StormPay.com work in this case? That might be an option as well.

•••
Yep, StormPay looks pretty good. However it seems that people don't use this service as much as PayPal though. I was thinking about trying 'ChronoPay', has anyone dealt with this company before?

•••
CoolGuy said:
ikobo.com looks attractive to me.

Me too :) Let's make an ikobo club :P

Getting to serious business now, my opinion is that ikobo has a very positive trend. Lately they improve their services very often and I have this feeling that I made the right choice when I chose them and not praypal or stormpay. BTW: Are you a merchant or you just use their p2p services?

•••
ikobo.com looks attractive to me

I have only used them for purchases from international (non-US) sellers and have found their service to be solid. Fast email confirmations and efficient. :)

•••
Anthony said:
Would StormPay.com work in this case? That might be an option as well.
few people use stormpay still, and they have higher trans fees.

•••
Grrilla said:
I have only used them for purchases from international (non-US) sellers and have found their service to be solid. Fast email confirmations and efficient. :)

Me too. :) I use them also as primary gateways for two of my new online stores. One of these stores is made with oscommerce and I have to say that I really like the ikobo payment module. Good work guys. I can't wait for the new IPN version.

•••
PolurNET said:
Hmm, yeah, but they don't say about wire transfers, like the way paypal does it... for example, does withdrawing/funding my account from my bank acct incur any fees or not? And they also talk about some kind of Visa Electron card monthly fee, which I'm not sure what's it all about

Sticking to paypal and element5/shareit for now i guess for my customers ;)

I just got my visa electron from ikobo today... funny is the fact that there's no name on the card, just the number and exp. date.

I also got some papers explaining their card fees. They charge 0.5$/month for administration fees and 1.5$ for each ATM withdrawal, which is very reasonable, since wire transfers from element5/shareit over here cost 20$

•••
matrics said:
I just got my visa electron from ikobo today... funny is the fact that there's no name on the card, just the number and exp. date.

I also got some papers explaining their card fees. They charge 0.5$/month for administration fees and 1.5$ for each ATM withdrawal, which is very reasonable, since wire transfers from element5/shareit over here cost 20$

This is one of the reasons I chose them. This iKard system seems very flexible and very easy to use. No more waiting in line at your local bank. Often, I withdraw money at night because I happen to need them at 1 AM. This can be done only with an iKard because banks are closed at this late hour.

Anyway, my advice to you is to carefully select the ATM you are withdrawing from because some banks could charge you just because they can :) Or, if you are not a US citizen, you might have a look first on the ATM exchange rates.

•••
Used Many Systems

I have used PayPal, StormPay and iKobo. Say what you want about PayPal and the chargeback issues, but they are by far the fastest, easiest payment system around. iKobo makes it hard to get your money out unless you get it all at once. PayPal provides easy and free bank transfers, debit card and strong merchant support. iKobo will give you a partial ATM withdrawal (with a hefty PLUS fee I might add and then start charging your remaining balance until they take it all as a fee. StormPay is actually worse. I won't be switching to either of these services anytime soon, although I do use iKobo for international transactions.

One other thing I don't care for about iKobo is that you need to verify each CC with a 'minor charge' that has been 8.93, 9.99 and 8.73 for the three cards I have added to them. I suppose it isn't terrible that you have to verify the cards (all though it is a huge pain in the a$$ for new users), but giving someone free use of nearly $30 for a few weeks seems a little ridiculous (not that I am bitter, lol).

:guilty:

•••
identity_00 said:
Perhaps Propay.com? There is a monthly limit, however. But you can enter CC info yourself which you cannot do with paypal or 2checkout. There only available for the USA I think.

Next would be the authorized.net. Your looking at $25 monthly there. Next choice would probably Wells Fargo at $31 monthly with setup fee.

I stopped using ProPay because I was told entering the CC info myself was NOT a good idea. What if the card is stolen? YOU can get into trouble....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back