Dynadot

Pay Then Push

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DBurn

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I had an auction last week, ended with @rathish claiming the domain names via BIN last Sunday.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/7-6n-com-domain-names-like-xxxxxx-com.1060214/#post-6534551

Still haven't been paid. One of his reasons for not paying is he doesn't trust I will push the domains to him after he pays. He asked if I would push the domains to him first. After reading a lot of threads on NP one resounding piece of advice is always to get paid first before pushing or transferring domains. Since this is only for $40 escrow doesn't seem to be an option. I also offered the buyer to pay via my website instead of Paypal, but he still has not paid.

Seems to me that NamePros is a site of integrity and honesty run by a great group of admins ... don't understand why this buyer is questioning the process, unless he now doesn't want the domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've had a bad experience with the same member. I won an auction which he then gave a made up excuse and canceled the transaction. Mods were involved but he stopped responding

Edit: I'd suggest you go for either an escrow transaction or get the funds before the push as a general principle

Last edited:
•••
Payment sent didn't receive the domains...

•••
Wow @rathish - you are really something. You wait 6 days - I put this thread up to get NP community input into this situation - you finally pay, and then while I am pushing the domains, only 5 minutes after you paid, you reply saying you didn't receive the domains? Nobody should do business with you if you are like this. Domains have all been pushed.

Last edited:
•••
Please close the thread as payment is sent.

•••
I was only worried as you are new . With no other established member i will hurry the transfer process , i had waited even for 1 week time , if the member had more than 10 +ve feedback...

Last edited:
•••
I've had a bad experience with the same member. I won an auction which he then gave a made up excuse and canceled the transaction. Mods were involved but he stopped responding

Edit: I'd suggest you go for either an escrow transaction or get the funds before the push as a general principle

https://www.namepros.com/threads/sold.1056007/

You won an auction and didn't reply to my messages for 48 hours even after being online while i mentioned that the payment must be done within 24 hours of auction end . So , according to namepros rules i have right to cancel the order .

If you say that you had a bad experience with me then , it's the same for me with you

•••
@rathish You knew my stats when you bid on the listing. You should have asked all of your questions before the auction was completed. You now know that I am responsible and I back up everything I say.

•••
@rathish You knew my stats when you bid on the listing. You should have asked all of your questions before the auction was completed. You now know that I am responsible and I back up everything I say.
Yes , here after i can believe you ...

Thank you

•••
the buyer is more or less always at advantage when paying with paypal, as they can file chargeback or even simpler an item not received, if the domains are not received.

therefore, no buyer paying with paypal should really have trust issues. I know it can be hard not to have them, and no one wants to file paypal complaints, but I personally do not mind paying in paypal to new np seller, because I know if I do not get domain, I can easily file not received claim.

jmo

•••
the buyer is more or less always at advantage when paying with paypal, as they can file chargeback or even simpler an item not received, if the domains are not received.

therefore, no buyer paying with paypal should really have trust issues. I know it can be hard not to have them, and no one wants to file paypal complaints, but I personally do not mind paying in paypal to new np seller, because I know if I do not get domain, I can easily file not received claim.

jmo

It depends on the invoice generated by the seller, if they sent an invoice from PayPal which is for services, like domain transfer, its a service and not protected by a not received item. I've been caught out on that before.

•••
It depends on the invoice generated by the seller, if they sent an invoice from PayPal which is for services, like domain transfer, its a service and not protected by a not received item. I've been caught out on that before.

maybe that was a logn time ago. paypal changed 1-2 years ago their services rendered policy and they are now fully covered by not received and not as described. and rightly so, cause if invoice says "service to transfer doamin" and domain is not transfered, then service is not rendered....check up on it. I think it was modified in 2015-16.

•••
Why is it that so many of these problems seem to involve PayPal payments. I'll walk away from the deal if the buyer insists on a direct PP payment. I prefer to run the sale/transfer through my registrar's market place, that soves all these problems. If the buyer insists on a registrar transfer, then there is always Payoneer escrow.

•••
@Kuffy - On the sale quoted at the beginning of this thread, I gave the buyer the option to pay with credit card through my website. This wasn't a Paypal issue. He had a trust issue with me being a newer NP member.

•••
Wouldn't a credit card payment have given him better protection?

•••
Wouldn't a credit card payment have given him better protection?
I had already paid through paypal and got the domains .

•••
@DBurn I can confirm that @rathish has always paid with me and always delivered when I bought from him. He has always been honorable with me.

Both buyers and sellers have to be careful. No one wants to be ripped off. I have been apprehensive at times when buying from a newer seller.

I'm glad this worked out. Both of you seem to be good domainers. Congrats on a completed sale!

•••
@DBurn I can confirm that @rathish has always paid with me and always delivered when I bought from him. He has always been honorable with me.

Both buyers and sellers have to be careful. No one wants to be ripped off. I have been apprehensive at times when buying from a newer seller.

I'm glad this worked out. Both of you seem to be good domainers. Congrats on a completed sale!
It was always a pleasure doing business with you friend , you are gentle and have helped me a lot in domaining .
And again thanks for your kind words...

•••
@Kuffy @rathish - credit card payment option is both in the auction listing and was offered as an option through PM 5 days ago when he first mentioned apprehension about sending money.

@Silentptnr - I too am glad sale finally worked out. But way too much time spent for a $40 sale.

•••
@rathish is a good and trusted member here. But sometimes problem happens as you have 0 trade reviews. This might be a problem. Otherwise he a good member. Always pleasure to do business with him.

•••
Thanks @Isac - maybe @rathish can give me a positive review on this sale since I started pushing the domains to him within 5 minutes of his making payment ... then I will give him a positive review as well.

•••
Thanks @Isac - maybe @rathish can give me a positive review on this sale since I started pushing the domains to him within 5 minutes of his making payment ... then I will give him a positive review as well.
You both should. Some of my best relationships here on NP started a little rough. :)

•••
First transaction on NP is usually funny :)

I remember mine, sold 7 or 8 domains on auction at an amazing price, $3 :ROFL: Buyer asked to push the domains before sending the payment too. And he was also new on the forum. To solve this situation, I had to use an "Escrow" service, Eric Lyon ;), buyer sent him the money and I pushed the domains then Eric sent me the money. I remember how funny was all that sh*t for a $3 transaction...

•••
Stats for buyers and sellers are openly shown in our badges; the due diligence should be done BEFORE bidding or binning not after and I find it not 100% transparent to bin and only THEN declaring to be wanting the domain pushed first.

DM are there to ask questions, clarify, introduce each other and know or sense if the person we deal with is trustworthy.

I have over 120 TR on this forum and for many I did not even receive a feedback but I always put a 24 hour time frame for payment on my auctions after which I report to moderators. I pay fast and I push even faster but I want the same from those I make deals with.

•••

I sold my 1st few domains by pushing domain 1st to buyers ( only trusted ones )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back