Dynadot

strategy Part 8 – Portfolio Management – Traffic Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
The current series of articles has really provoked some interesting discussions with a number of domain investors. What I have noticed is the high level of emotion that surrounds the whole domain traffic and optimisation debate. Many people have leapt to conclusions rather than look at the data and try to understand what it is saying.

Let me say once again that domain monetisation is not dead. The reason for this is genuine domain traffic contains valuable leads for businesses and advertisers are more than willing to pay for those leads. The goal of optimising your domain traffic is to best match the right advertiser to the right piece of traffic at the right time.

Like any industry, the advertising buying market is very dynamic with wide ranging payout levels at different times during the year, day and even sometimes second. So when I talk about optimising domain name traffic we need to really be as close to real-time as possible. Given the volume of data, the only way to route traffic to the highest paying solution is via algorithmic switching. So is all of this work really worth it?

Read More >

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
we noticed there is a huge difference btw the raw visits our domains receive and the impressions the ad networks and domain parking reports. what is the best way to track domain traffic?

•••
Sorry for the delay in responding to you.
We track and report both the raw traffic and what is reported by the monetisation sources. The ratio between report/raw is what we internally refer to as the dumping ratio.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back