Dynadot

strategy Part 7 - Portfolio Optimisation - Running a Traffic Test

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Whizzbang

VIP Member
ParkLogic.com
Impact
So you’ve just been to The Domain Conference in Fort Lauderdale and a monetisation company convinces you that you should run a test with them. Is there any real point and what is the best way to do this?

If you’ve ever moved your domains between parking companies by changing the nameservers then you will very quickly realise that there are so many variables to consider that the test becomes meaningless. For example, by routing the traffic at different periods of time, traffic volumes and domain market verticals all contribute to distorting the results.

In addition, if you move all of your domains across to the new company then from the previous article in this series we now know the best case scenario is they will win 35% of the time. Remember this number is for a properly optimised domain portfolio. If they win more than that then it’s only because your portfolio has not been looked after.
http://whizzbangsblog.com/index.php...portfolio-optimisation-running-a-traffic-test
Read more >

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your tactic only works with average Joe, you know that, dont you? I am off this thread, but would advise everybody to deal with CAUTION.

ps: The company only has about 140.000 domains which is the size of very small domain fund portfolio.
Well.....that numbers out by nearly an order of magnitude.....LOL! My guess is you checked the zone file for a couple of TLDs.

•••
I didnt want to be rude. Its just the fact that you didnt present any of the solid proof, how overall performance of your 140.000 domains improved on your platform. So without proof its 50% up and 50% down. Like roulette: black or red. And + if we substract from the result of 50% up your revenue share, it leaves us what? 25 - 30% up?
I'm sorry but I get really confused with your comments....could be a language barrier. Where in the world you got your numbers from is a mystery....LOL! For a start, as stated previously we typically payout between 80-85%. So if we are providing an uplift for the above portfolio then the domain investor is making a bucket load more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back