IT.COM

Parking Ruins an Aged Domain..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Why do people park domains they want to sell... The site then loses it's PR and I think it's possible for the domain to get sandboxed all over again. Why not just leave a site on it???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nakedsoul said:
Why do people park domains they want to sell... The site then loses it's PR and I think it's possible for the domain to get sandboxed all over again. Why not just leave a site on it???
greed
Pronunciation (greed)
n.
An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth: "Many . . . attach to competition the stigma of selfish greed" Henry Fawcett.

•••
Most domains for sale were never sites.

Sure, some might have been sites at some point in time, but if you have a revenue producing asset that is loosing money as a developed project, it doesn't make much sense to leave it developed.

•••
Smith said:
Most domains for sale were never sites.

Sure, some might have been sites at some point in time, but if you have a revenue producing asset that is loosing money as a developed project, it doesn't make much sense to leave it developed.

I agree, as much as I like the bragging rights of "I own xxx websites" rather than "I own xxx domains" when I did have xxx active websites I was spending ALOT of time and money on them. Now that I've eliminated those headaches and wallet drainers I'm in the green and have plenty of free time.

•••
Plus some buyers may prefer a name that isn't developed or hasn't been in a long time. A fresh start...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back