IT.COM

Parking question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just tried to stay buying a few domains just based on parking pitential. I am totally new to this, but I tried buying based on traffic oncoming from backlinks to ensure its going to last a bit

One of the domains I bought is Newsarti.com I got it for very low xxx
First day on DNS got only 12 uniques and like 2 cents in parking. I might have not picked the best domain but I am sure something is wrong here either with my choice or something I need to do with DNS

Any help would be really appreciated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
take a look at my bodis stats,

5142480047833088.png

so dont be surprised by the low conversion rates. However, if you feel like you need to do something about it, you can always ask your parking company to optimize your names for certain keywords, that might help.

•••
I had a quick look at the history of the domain as well as the backlinks and it seems that the domain you bought used to be a news/blog site
...and that's where the problem is imo.

News sites need to have huge traffic to bring back enough revenue to justify a $xxx purchase.
Since it was also a blog-like news site and not a 'normal' news site it makes things worse. Blogs in general have less quality visitors (in terms of revenue ofc) than established news sites.

Another thing that I found that could be reason for low earnings is the traffic sources (according to the backlinks I saw) . I noticed traffic from low earning countries like russia, india, china, etc.
Can you verify?

•••
ok if u looked just at these sources plus Alexa how much traffic you think that domain could bring a day? I was thinking at least 100 uniques. It seems in wrong.

•••
ok if u looked just at these sources plus Alexa how much traffic you think that domain could bring a day? I was thinking at least 100 uniques. It seems in wrong.

If I could estimate the traffic of a domain without owning it I'd be a rich man lol :)

no tool can tell you the traffic.. I mean, if you think about it, even the sites owned by you that you can measure do not show 100% accurate traffic since each tool (google, statcounter, etc.) show different number of visitors according to their algorithm.

If you're new in parking and you base your research on backlinks, make sure you buy domains in high CPC niches so as to make each visit count

just my opinion ofc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back