Dynadot

Parking Companies Which Don't Require Tax Details

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kevin7046

Established Member
Impact
Newbie here! I would like to know if there are any domain parking companies who don't require tax details. I am currently using Bodis

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No such thing (either SSN or Fed Tax ID) if they are US based or have a tax treaty with the US and if they offer a Paypal/Payoneer option). If you are getting paid electronically (Paypal, wire, Payoneer) and you don't disclose that income you put yourself at risk. Paypal certainly reports and sends a 1099 on $20K and higher. So the parking company question doesn't even apply. It's the payment processor you need to be concerned about. Solution - do less than $20K a year on Paypal and take a chance not disclosing the income since you won't get a 1099.

•••
Uh the IRS expects all companies to issue a 1099 after a total of $600 is earned.

•••
They can expect it all they want - but Paypal is a payment processor not the generator of the revenue.
From Paypal's site:
"PayPal is required to report gross payments received for sellers who receive over $20,000 in gross payment volume AND over 200 separate payments in a calendar year. "
So the receiver of domain revenue from a parking company paid through Paypal won't be treated any differently than than an eBay seller selling their personal items which shouldn't be taxable.
How they arrived at $20K as the separator - I don't know - but it is the line.
Now what the parking company does as far as reporting may depend upon where that parking company is domiciled and a totally different issue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back