IT.COM

question Parking .co.uk domains.. any success?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sam Ellis

Impact
I am wondering if anyone could shine some light on how viable parking .co.uk domains is?

If anyone can share there experience or any words of wisdom it would be greatly appreciated! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If domains have traffic and the parking providers accept those kinds of domains then why not. I have a lot of nice .top domains which are mostly tagged as spammy (there are a lot of top spam domains but also some nice SEO boosted without spam)and they generate pretty nice revenue.

•••
"I am wondering if anyone could shine some light on how viable parking .co.uk domains is?"

@Sam Ellis Why park when you can DEVELOP and display your own ads? Start by creating any type of website about a POPULAR topic and develop it. You can write one article every week that's not going to be difficult. Keep doing that and make improvements as you go along. You will start getting VISITORS from all the search engine sites and other places that you do marketing on. Wait three months then post helpful RELEVANT ads not spammy ads. If it annoys you it will annoy them. We pay standard what £ 8 every year including tax for co.uk so you need to earn 2 pence every day to break even. 4 pence every day will return you £ 17.95 124 % PROFIT at year end. Earn 10 pence every day will return you £ 36.50 356 % profit. 356 % profit not bad for £ 8 investment wouldn't you say?

Last edited:
•••
@redemo What Ad companies do you recommend ?

•••
Adsense of course and nothing else.
Once domains/websites were approved automatically. Now it's impossible to get approved for minisites.
So I wondering how is possible to make money from website building unless you work for years on a website?

Last edited:
•••
I seem to be horrible with adsense, I think my success rate on getting some earnings on my website was just 1 out of 10.

Last edited:
•••
@thegeekguy What you're asking is about to open up a whole new world that exists right in front of you but you never knew it. The knowledge will blow your mind out. I suggest that you start a new thread and ask your question "What Ad companies do you recommend ?" or reword something along those lines. Post it in the correct thread for maximum responses. @evil People still make money from adsense but the problem has always been your lack of control in displaying highly targeted ads to your visitors. General ads from adsense CAN work but targeted ads from other companies are much more LIKELY to work. Adsense is very much luck of the draw and google rules can be infuriatingly anal in what they do an do not allow. I'm a newbie in most things related to domains but ads I can help you with from first hand experience although I'm not claiming to be some sort of guru. There are probably hundreds of Namepros lurking in the shadows with an obscene amount of knowledge about monetising domain names with ads. @evil You don't need to work for years but often you find the biggest success in your second or third year because you have seen the full cycle of visitors and you have statistics to understand the trends at different times of the year. Try oribi, adobe, statcounter or google analytics. Some people still use the default statistics offered by your hosting provider C.M.S. control panel software.

Last edited:
•••
Adsense ads are not general but well targeted. The point is to get approved on hundreds of different domains!
Working for years on a domain means you are a website builder, not a domainer.
The big unsolved question is how to monetize a website that has traffic but no one wants to buy and doesn't generate revenue from domain parking.
I read a lot of good intentions or services on payment but all of them require time and/or money but i want to monetize the domain, not invest on it

•••
@evil You probably know more about adsense so I bow to your expertise in this realm but "Working for years on a domain means you are a website builder, not a domainer" I completely disagree with that @DomainSherpa describes a domainer as https://www.domainsherpa.com/domain-name-dictionary/domainer/ as "A domainer is an individual or company that actively engages in the buying, selling, marketing, MONETIZATION and publishing of internet domain names and other related web and or internet-based properties. Domainers often generate income through domain parking and/or WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT, with the main purpose of generating revenue from ADVERTISING click through and/or SELLING A PROPERTY for a multiple of the cost to develop the website. Many domainers target generic words which can be valuable for type-in traffic and for the dominant position they would have in any field due to their descriptive nature. Generic words and phrases like poker, insurance, travel, creditcards, sex and others are attractive targets of domain speculation in any top-level domain."

•••
Back