Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You might have been hit by bots. It happens sometimes.

•••
Fragger said:
Donny, a month or two ago you had mentioned that parked was working on some new features and additions to your parking platform. You were relatively vague on what these were, but I was wondering if you could update us on what might be happening behind the scenes right now. Anything juicy in the works? ( perhaps some templates like the one used for computer.com? Wishful thinking I know... ) :p
I'm thinking something big is in the works b/c Parked has been quiet for so long.... and we all know how much faster Parked has been historically over the competition at deploying new features. :)

Come to think of it..... there has not been anything new from any parking company for a long time - as far as I'm aware of.

•••
I have been using Parked.com for several months. My domains (100+) have had *much* better returns with Parked than with Sedo, TrafficZ, Domainsponsor
or ActiveAudience.

Even so, I am very much looking forward to their next generation system. Based on the preview, it will be a great improvement to parking in general. I hope Donny and team, will give us the ability to add unique content pages, and more options for leveraging affiliates.

Anyone have suggestions for the best ways to build more traffic to parked pages vs. traditional SEO for full websites?

•••
I have a feeling Parked might throw up a surprise soon. :) I have always had my best performance with parked.

•••
Principal said:
I have been using Parked.com for several months. My domains (100+) have had *much* better returns with Parked than with Sedo, TrafficZ, Domainsponsor
or ActiveAudience.

Even so, I am very much looking forward to their next generation system. Based on the preview, it will be a great improvement to parking in general. I hope Donny and team, will give us the ability to add unique content pages, and more options for leveraging affiliates.

Anyone have suggestions for the best ways to build more traffic to parked pages vs. traditional SEO for full websites?

What preview? Please do tell!

Your not allowed to build traffic to parked sites - or you may find yourself with earnings kept and account closed position. :o

•••
Seabass said:
What preview? Please do tell!

Your not allowed to build traffic to parked sites - or you may find yourself with earnings kept and account closed position. :o

Seabass,

By preview, I was referring to Donny's post #5530 of this thread.

I understand not building traffic through Adwords, etc. I get that. :notme:

But are you penalized for building traffic through directory links, etc? That is what I am asking. Are there any good, legal ways to get a hand-reg to make $$ through parking?

•••
Principal said:
But are you penalized for building traffic through directory links, etc? That is what I am asking.
Yes, that's against TOS. Unless those links are already existing when you got the domain.

Are there any good, legal ways to get a hand-reg to make $$ through parking?
Create new domain based on keywords that has...
High paying ads
Lots of OVT

Here are two domains yearly revenue I created using above method.
It's not much, but, two domains made about $150 net profit per year.

xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx.com-150 visitors-257 clicks-171.33% CTR-$97.62
xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxs.com-115 visitors-196 clicks-170.43% CTR-$66.64

•••
copper said:
Yes, that's against TOS. Unless those links are already existing when you got the domain.

Create new domain based on keywords that has...
High paying ads
Lots of OVT

Here are two domains yearly revenue I created using above method.
It's not much, but, two domains made about $150 net profit per year.

xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx.com-150 visitors-257 clicks-171.33% CTR-$97.62
xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxs.com-115 visitors-196 clicks-170.43% CTR-$66.64

I appreciate the good advice Copper, especially the TOS piece. I just needed to have a good understanding as I have received conflicting info on that point.

Averaging 170% CTR is amazing to me! :tu:

I have a couple domains that break 100%, but with only a few visitors. Hence my earlier traffic building question. Most of my domains that have some traffice are averaging around 20% CTR. I actually thought that was decent until now!

Thanks for setting a higher benchmark. ;)

Last questions, do your "x"ed out domain names really have dashes?
I have stayed away from dashes like the plague. Am I missing something?

Cheers!

•••
Principal said:
I appreciate the good advice Copper, especially the TOS piece. I just needed to have a good understanding as I have received conflicting info on that point.
I think Parked.com TOS always said arbitrage, building links are NOT allowed.
They just pretend didn't see violation since Yahoo didn't say much until recently.

Averaging 170% CTR is amazing to me! :tu:

I have a couple domains that break 100%, but with only a few visitors. Hence my earlier traffic building question. Most of my domains that have some traffice are averaging around 20% CTR. I actually thought that was decent until now!
20% CTR is NOT bad.
Those two domains (plus about 30 more) are my testing case using mentioned method.
Last questions, do your "x"ed out domain names really have dashes?
I have stayed away from dashes like the plague. Am I missing something
Yes.
They do have dashes.
xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx.com
x marks are exact keyword search terms on OVT as "xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx"

xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxs.com
This domain is same as above plus "s" at the end.

Domains without dashes for that keywords were taken for .com, .net, .org, .info, so, I had to settle with dashes.

•••
copper said:
I think Parked.com TOS always said arbitrage, building links are NOT allowed.
They just pretend didn't see violation since Yahoo didn't say much until recently.

20% CTR is NOT bad.
Those two domains (plus about 30 more) are my testing case using mentioned method.

Yes.
They do have dashes.
xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx.com
x marks are exact keyword search terms on OVT as "xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxx"

xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxs.com
This domain is same as above plus "s" at the end.

Domains without dashes for that keywords were taken for .com, .net, .org, .info, so, I had to settle with dashes.

Would you share guidance on mins you look for in OVT and Ad bids?

Thanks!

•••
Yes, we have been very quiet lately. Sometimes it's good to sit back and watch for a while. We have many things in the pipes right now, some that are amazing, some that are just things to make your life or our life easier. Things will be out sooner rather than later.

But if anybody has any requets, I am always listening.

Donny

•••
Principal said:
Would you share guidance on mins you look for in OVT and Ad bids?
OVT - minimum 1,000
Example domains keywords had about 5,000 OVT.

•••
What do you use now to check those keyword values? And are you using the same minimums?

•••
Google's Keyword Tool just added this data

•••
Donny - would still love to see the extra 12-20 characters in the meta description field!

And did you have anything to do with Yahoo's very favourable indexing of domains with parked.com? ;)

For yahoo it just makes $en$e...

•••
My TQ score has tanked from 10 to 5 within 2 weeks. Earnings not affected. I'm beginning to think that earnings is not affected by TQ score. Is your experience the same as mine?

•••
Yea, I noticed I'm suddenly doing very well in Yahoo too.

At least, till the next update.

•••
Current Score: No Score.

Always has been.

•••
Whitebark - I'm at Associated Cities right now, do me a favor and shoot me an email and I'll see what I can do.

Wish I could say I didn't anything to Yahoo. Maybe they just like us. :)

Powerup - Look at the graph a little better. You will see different drops in there.

Donny

•••
Parked revshare split

Can anyone tell me the split at parked?

I see claims of the highest payouts in the industry, but based on what?

And their phone number, I've emailed with no response.

Fragger said:
Donny, a month or two ago you had mentioned that parked was working on some new features and additions to your parking platform. You were relatively vague on what these were, but I was wondering if you could update us on what might be happening behind the scenes right now. Anything juicy in the works? ( perhaps some templates like the one used for computer.com? Wishful thinking I know... ) :p

Fragger said:

Hi, I'm wondering whose template is that for computers.com?

Last edited:
•••
MegaCheaperDomains said:
Hi, I'm wondering whose template is that for computers.com?

computers.com is being forwarded to cnet.com
You mean computer.com?
That's parked.com custom template just for computer.com
I think computer.com is their domain ;)

•••
computer.com is one of our domains, it's a custom template.

Mark - I'm going to be a pain in the ass here, so please don't take this personally. The email you sent in says, "please have a knowledgeable account rep call me, phone only." I can tell you that in our case, the odds are very slim that we will call when you send something like that. First we are an internet company and if it was my choice we wouldn't have any phones at our office. I can respond to 10 questions in email in 5 minutes, but if I talk on the phone that turns into over an hour. Talking on the phone is very time consuming.

If you would have introduced yourself, told us how many domains you have, then somebody would have probably called you a lot sooner. Another idea would have been to apply for an account, then you would have a dedicated account manager to answer all of your questions. Unfortunately most of us have been in Chicago since before you emailed us, but I'm sure somebody will call you sometime next week.

Donny

•••
Computer.com is a nice template.

•••
Oh Man I'm so anxious to move my domains to some other place but I know Parked.com has something under their sleeves...I just can feel it! ;)

•••
Zepia said:
Oh Man I'm so anxious to move my domains to some other place but I know Parked.com has something under their sleeves...I just can feel it! ;)

Good to know: Now I just wish you can spill the beans :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back