IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seabass said:
You make $93 in one day on a domain like PotatoSalad,com on four uniques, when you had only made $6 in the last 365 days on the domain - for example.

These earnings have been reversed EVERY time it has happened, I should mention.

GIL, how are your Portuguese domains doing lately at Parked ? Mine have seen some improvement.
I love Louis Armstrong - nobody like him : "My mama done told me... dat..... dat... when I was in knee-pants.... dat....dat ...... son....... a-woman-L sweet talk, and give you the BIG eye, but when the sweet talkings through......a womans a two-face, or worser thing that will leave you singing the bluuuuuuueeeeees in the night. " :)

Yeah...... but just wait a few years...... only 22% of Brazilians are Online yet.

Country Population Users % Online
Brazil 190,010,647 42,600,000 22.4 %

Portugal is at 73% so the major growth will be from Brazil. There still is a lot of upside.

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
I love Louis Armstrong - nobody like him : "My mama done told me... dat..... dat... when I was in knee-pants.... dat....dat ...... son....... a-woman-L sweet talk, and give you the BIG eye, but when the sweet talkings through......a womans a two-face, or worser thing that will leave you singing the bluuuuuuueeeeees in the night. " :)

Yeah...... but just wait a few years...... only 22% of Brazilians are Online yet.

Country Population Users % Online
Brazil 190,010,647 42,600,000 22.4 %

Portugal is at 73% so the major growth will be from Brazil. There still is a lot of upside.
You're right. Not only does Brazil have enourmous growth potential, they also have a massive pool of very talented internet savvy people. I have no idea were I could buy .com.br domains. Do you?

Satchmo has allways been in my top 10 favorites. " What a Wonderful World" is my favorite song, but he has so many!.

GIL

•••
GILSAN said:
You're right. Not only does Brazil have enourmous growth potential, they also have a massive pool of very talented internet savvy people. I have no idea were I could buy .com.br domains. Do you?

Satchmo has allways been in my top 10 favorites. " What a Wonderful World" is my favorite song, but he has so many!.

GIL
Registro.br - for com.br

I have not started buying com.br in bulk yet b/c there is a pre-registration period that lasts until June 29th for regular citizens using the CPF Gov't ID. Before only businesses with a official bus. number, the CNPJ could get domains. Also, I am working on getting my CPF number from Brazil through a Brazilian friend so I can buy domains without using one of those expensive third parties that charge $135 USD per domain, or something similar. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
Registro.br - for com.br

I have not started buying com.br in bulk yet b/c there is a pre-registration period that lasts until June 29th. Also, I am working on getting my CPF number from Brazil through a Brazilian friend so I can buy domains without using one of those expensive third parties that charge $135 USD per domain, or something similar. ;)
What is the CPF Number? Is it some identity # for Brazilian citizens? Are you Brazilian? I thought Portuguese domains were expensive at about $35, but $135 is just way off line.

GIL

Last edited:
•••
GILSAN said:
What is the CPF Number? Is it some identity # for Brazilian citizens? Are you Brazilian? I thought Portuguese domains were expensive at about $35, but $135 is just way off line.

GIL
The CPF is a Brazilian identity. No I am not Brazilian, but I do speak Portuguese and there are ways to get the CPF. I know of others that have received the number and had them for years. You need it to get .com.br.

$35 is not expensive if you get the good ones. I have some that do $1000 a year, but not com.br, just generic Portuguese .com's

•••
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm definitely seeing an "uptrend" at Parked again! :sold:

•••
we want donny , he deserves holiday but we deserve Donny's best support

•••
better said:
we want donny , he deserves holiday but we deserve Donny's best support

Donny's coming...don't you worry! ;)

•••
SDX said:
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm definitely seeing an "uptrend" at Parked again! :sold:

Me too - mixed in with a disappointing day here and there. But, much better than before.

It seems, if looking at my "Traffic Report" from Parked, that Google sending more traffic now.

•••
SDX said:
Donny's coming...don't you worry! ;)

:)

That's one of the best things about Parked. Donny can't take a vacation without feeling the urge to check-in and address whatever is on our minds :)

Best customer service of ANY parking provider, IMHO.

•••
Seabass said:
Me too - mixed in with a disappointing day here and there. But, much better than before.

It seems, if looking at my "Traffic Report" from Parked, that Google sending more traffic now.

Interesting. I've been seeing a whole lot more Yahoo traffic, myself.

•••
netmeg said:
Interesting. I've been seeing a whole lot more Yahoo traffic, myself.

i'm seeing more yahoo traffic compared to google too.......

•••
parked yahoo based thats the reason

•••
For the past 2 days, I have barely been able to connect either via wireless or crackberry. But now I figured out how to connect.

About the bots, we implemented a new system about 3 weeks ago that allowed anybody who was blocked to unblock themselves, so unless somebody has figured out a way around it, the bots should go away on their own very quickly if there are any.

So what else do I need to answer? Besides it's no cruise this time, I'm at a condo in Panama City, Florida with all of my family.

Donny

•••
oooooooooooo donny my friend ,have a great vacation , I am in the hawaii in my hotel room,just waiting approve from parked today I signed up

•••
Banned Follow up

I have most of my domains with parked. Unfortunately, approx 300 were banned by Google merely because I had them set up at WhyPark Dec '07- Feb '08. I tried to get these unbanned in bulk in an attempt to get traffic back to more reasonable levels, any advice?

•••
cpamtm said:
I have most of my domains with parked. Unfortunately, approx 300 were banned by Google merely because I had them set up at WhyPark Dec '07- Feb '08. I tried to get these unbanned in bulk in an attempt to get traffic back to more reasonable levels, any advice?
park with sedo , then write to add url from google , or you can use people who gets your domain in the first page if they cannot do they dont take money.I said sedo because it is google feed

•••
Anyone else seeing a large increase in referral traffic from yahoo.com? It seems as though yahoo has started to give better search results to parked.com domains.

Or it's just me. Either way it's a nice turn of events.

•••
About a month ago, MSN was really loving us. Maybe Yahoo loves us now. Those crazy seach engines. :)

Donny

•••
Donny- When will my account approved? I am waiting everyone to my parked pages ,you will see the best layout in the domain parking industry

•••
cpamtm said:

Wait it out. I had the same thing, and I moved them elsewhere, and eventually they came back into the index. Took about three months, though.

whitebark said:
Anyone else seeing a large increase in referral traffic from yahoo.com? It seems as though yahoo has started to give better search results to parked.com domains.

Or it's just me. Either way it's a nice turn of events.

Nope, not just you; I've noticed it too. Yahoo just had a major update. Enjoy it while it lasts (cause somehow they never do).

•••
Good to know...

HTML:
Wait it out. I had the same thing, and I moved them elsewhere, and eventually they came back into the index. Took about three months, though.

Good to know that these may come back on their own... Thanks!

•••
have a good vacation donny and enjoy the condo....

I have to work soon but cheers and have a few drinks..

get off the crackberry and enjoy the family time, lol...

•••
Just got approved ! :)
Thanks Donny !

•••
What Am I Doing Wrong

Hi,

I recent switched from Sedo to Parked.com in hopes of making some more money. Well the first day on parked.com was sort of scary. Domains that were making $.05-.20 per click on Sedo are now only making $.01 on Parked. There are a lot of people on this forum that claim they make anywhere from $.30 - as high as $2.00 per click on Parked.com. What am I doing wrong?

Sincerely,
Ryan

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back