NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nettidings said:
I experienced this also but a couple minutes of experimenting found a quickie solution. In the Tile box type in the term you want, then highlight and copy the term. Delete it and hit the space bar one space forward and one backward in the empty space. Then paste your copied title. It should save properly now. In IE you may be able to skip the space bar steps, but I need them in my browser, Opera.

Another thing to try is - save your new title without doing any of the above (it will look like your term didn't save properly) and then go to the dropdown domain name list and click on another domain and let that page fully load. Then in the dropdown box click on the domain you just left and return to it. When you return to the page the title often displays as correctly saved with the term you entered. Perhaps this is an indication that the saved title is just not displaying properly rather than not being saved at all?

Anyway, they're odd little work-arounds but they work fine for me.

Thanks for your sugestions nettidings. Will try that tomorrow. I've noticed this situation since I started customizing almost 2 weeks ago and although it's not a big deal, it's just a bit annoying when you hit Save and it does not obey.

GIL

•••
Hello

Was just wondering.I just registered advancecash(.)in and Sportsticket(.)in and parked them with parked.

Will they show appropriate links when they are seen by people in India??

e.g. the sportsticket one shows American sports.When someone gets to my parked page from India will they see things like cricket,hockey etc.??

•••
xxfireflyxx said:
Hello

Was just wondering.I just registered advancecash(.)in and Sportsticket(.)in and parked them with parked.

Will they show appropriate links when they are seen by people in India??

e.g. the sportsticket one shows American sports.When someone gets to my parked page from India will they see things like cricket,hockey etc.??
From what i understand, ads are delivered pertaining to the geographic area of the user. So, given that the feed providers have ads from India, a user from India is going to see an ad written in their native language.
If there's no ad from India, i assume that a default ad would be presented.

IB

Last edited:
•••
RPC $0.00 for final stats

Donny,

Could you check my stats on 2007-11-14, I have 2 clicks and RPC is $0.00 ?
(it's final stats no asterik)

Now it happened to me same with another member of namepros.

GILSAN said:
This has happened on dozens of occasions: I change the Domain title from "mydomain.com" to "Bla Bla Travel" I then hit "Save changes" and a few seconds later it still remains "mydomain.com".

It should have saved the changes, but it does'nt so I have to repeat sometimes 2 or 3 times untill it saves it.

Thanks GIL :)
Same with me, the domain title can't change, but if I see directly my domain, the domain title already changed.

Weird, never happened before.

But after 3 times changing keywords, then the problem resolved.

I think also another bug on a new features, sometimes I can't go directly to another domain edit page. This feature sometimes not working. Parked must check this out.

•••
dherwan said:
Donny,

Could you check my stats on 2007-11-14, I have 2 clicks and RPC is $0.00 ?
(it's final stats no asterik)

Now it happened to me same with another member of namepros.

Yeah I was just hoping if you had an update or some info on that !~

•••
My Parked stats are down. No results returned

Anybody else having the problem?

•••
DnWizard said:
My Parked stats are down. No results returned

Anybody else having the problem?

I can't access stats either.

•••
•••
•••
how long parked.com take to review new accounts ???

i registered two days back didn't get any reply yet..

•••
I will have somebody look at the "Domain Title" issue this morning. It shouldn't be working like that.

dherwan - I sent your example to our stats guy, he will be in the office in about 4 hours and will take a look at it then. Thanks for the information.

I'm not sure what people are talking about on the not being able to access their stats. They seem to be working with for me.

Donny

•••
NPKJB said:
I can't access stats either.

Stats are fine on my side. No problems. Could it be that you are seeing new stats for the new pay period?

•••
What's the easiest way to add YouTube video in the content section? For some reason it's not letting me do it in the embed video area.

•••
Varon said:
Stats are fine on my side. No problems. Could it be that you are seeing new stats for the new pay period?

Yeap.... That's what I was seeing. Not too bright of me to jump the gun and blame Parked for my oversight. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
•••
Why haven't I recieved a payment in about a month in a half? I thought it was twice a month? Never had problems before, only now... I probably have mid xx, stacking up? Donny, can you please look into this for me?

Thanks,
-zurc

•••
I still can't include images in my custom text. When i link to an existing image, it shows fine in the preview, but on the actual site, i'm only getting the image description but not the actual image. Anyone else or is it just me?

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:
I still can't include images in my custom text. When i link to an existing image, it shows fine in the preview, but on the actual site, i'm only getting the image description but not the actual image. Anyone else or is it just me?

IB

Mike, I had exactly the same situation. Go to page 54 of this thread and read post 1326. Varon explains what he feels should probably work.

GIL :)

•••
I tried to be a member of parked.com but they denied my approach. I don't understand what they need more than some valuable domains.

•••
Make sure the pic is first hosted. Have it so you can view the pic on the internet, like you would do writing up an ebay auction.

•••
Thanks GILSAN:

I'm linking to external images, yet it seems that the image(s) are not being pulled in or linked to. All i can see is the image description that i typed in.

Side note: I've had all images working fine until the changes were implemented. I'm not sure if these changes have anything to do with it, though.

Weird...

IB

•••
Just had my best pay period yet for the number of domains I have with parked - rpc is up, ctr is good and the new features rock.

Thanks Parked.com

•••
IntelBank.com said:
Thanks GILSAN:

I'm linking to external images, yet it seems that the image(s) are not being pulled in or linked to. All i can see is the image description that i typed in.

Side note: I've had all images working fine until the changes were implemented. I'm not sure if these changes have anything to do with it, though.

Weird...

IB

Mike, I actually did not try what Varon sugested, so I can't help you there. I wish we could do as in Bodis. Very simple: just get the picture from your own computer. If Parked could do this it would be great! Obviously Donny knows the reason why it's not possible.

When you find out how let us know Mike.

GIL :)

•••
Donny,

In the traffic analysis you have the (3) main categories under the map 'Breakdown By Country, 'Breakdown By Keyword, and Breakdown By Referrer Hostname.........It would help if it showed which keyword(s) and country derived from/ with each host name so we would know which keywords were working the best with the hosts shown and more.

If you have 5-10 referrers, 15-20 keywords and 5 countries showing the way it is now I don't know what goes with what...

Dave C

•••
I have not been keeping up with this thread over the past week since I have had mid-terms but I just noticed that I have traffic to a name in my Parked account that is a name that is not parked at Parked.com and I do not own the name. The name is meanwhile.com. Anybody else have anything like this happen?

•••
geb9696 said:
I have not been keeping up with this thread over the past week since I have had mid-terms but I just noticed that I have traffic to a name in my Parked account that is a name that is not parked at Parked.com and I do not own the name. The name is meanwhile.com. Anybody else have anything like this happen?
Yep, exact same domain as a matter of fact: meanwhile.com. I tried editing it, then i got the "error" message that told me what i knew from the get go - i don't own the domain....

Needless to say, i'd trade my (almost) entire portfolio to have this one domain :)

IB

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back