Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the heads up Donny

•••
Seems like my sites are down. Anyone seeing the same thing?

•••
Yes, mine aren't working either

•••
•••
One of our 4 clusters had a DOS attack. But I think it's back up now. Can people check?

•••
Seems to be working okay now from Memphis

•••
Back online in NY since 6:50pm.

•••
All's cool in Cali...Happy 4th of July! :wave:

Last edited:
•••
I am getting an error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/phpinclude/_db_config.php:2) in /www/htdocs/index.php on line 199" each time I try viewing my domains. The layout gets skewed up and is back to normal after a refresh.

Is anyone else seeing something similar?

•••
I am getting an error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/phpinclude/_db_config.php:2) in /www/htdocs/index.php on line 199" each time I try viewing my domains. The layout gets skewed up and is back to normal after a refresh.

Is anyone else seeing something similar?

For which layout Varon?

•••
•••
The account default standard layout. Now, it seems to be working fine.

Good to hear Varon :)
Donny, any "Part 2" of the future of Parked.com?
Or...is the future of Parked.com, WhyPark.com?? :)

•••
Donny, any "Part 2" of the future of Parked.com?
Or...is the future of Parked.com, WhyPark.com?? :)

lol..I think "Part 1" by Donny, was brilliantly exhaustive and laid the future path. Imo, in the end, the future is what we make of it. I mean, how we plan our portfolio and diversify- consolidate & innovate our domain assets.

But..if there is a "Part 2".. it would be very interesting. :)

•••
Are your domains up and running? Looks like all my domains are down.

•••
Everything is up now. Trying to find out who this affected.

Donny

•••
My Parked pages appeared to be down when Varon posted that. When I just checked again they seem to be back up, at least the few I tested.

Brad

•••
has anyone else noticed a significant number of clicks "disappearing" when the final stats come in?

•••
OH YES... LOTS of mysteriously vanishing clicks.

About $11 bucks worth one day. Mini-Blinds.com routinely gets good, high paying clicks and one day, for no apparent reason, ALL clicks from this consistently paying domain were deleted.

Why?

Some? Might pass by me without to much concern but... ALL?

There isn't enough transparency in the CPC biz anyway, I moved to Parked because they seemed to be more above boards than most others, but... now... Not to sure.

Scott

•••
Traffic down, clicks down, everything in this parked account almost at a dead stop. And, the few clicks that I get, get adjusted down to almost nothing. Quite a change from just a couple of months ago. Very disappointing.

•••
A lot of traffic is crap, as in bots and other nonsense.

And add to that the downturn in the on-line advertising market; advertisers are paying less and expecting more.

And then on top of that, some feeds, are not doing well and squeezing out whatever they can, which not only hurts domainers, but Parked itself too. Parked can adjust their take percentage up a bit to cover some of the loss, but not all of it, if they seek to remain competitive ... puts Parked in a tough position. And other parking companies that rely on the same feeds are in the same boat.

Donny in "part 1" of his thoughts about parking (scroll back a few pages) explains that Parked is working on various new innovative features, as well as, seeking out direct advertising relationships to somewhat reduce the reliance on feeds.

Rambling on, but anyways, in my view, Parked is an excellent, all round, performer for most domains - and very importantly, Parked has good communication - Donny, as well as the account reps, are always accessible even for folks with a small number of domains; very good at troubleshooting issues / keyword adjustments.

Ron

•••
The main question is - is the traffic still there, and is it good traffic?

•••
Rejected by Parked

Hi,
I own 140 domains and want to get some return from 100 of them. I just got rejected by Parked and wonder why.
This is what I got:

Sincerely,
The Parked.com Traffic Quality Department
So what are the standards? Most I have owned for more than a couple of years and many were from projects where the funding dried up. All are currently with BulkRegister. If I have to get some traffic running to them first I may as well just set them up under one of my hosting accounts and post AdSense ads (I have an account with them and I am a site developer). Since Parked takes a percentage it seems like an ok deal for us both; or is it?

What do I have to do to get approved? I did only list about 20 on the application but I am in North Carolina and have a domain specific email - although not for any I will run through Parked ( I could set one up if that helps)
thanks.

•••
Hi,

What do I have to do to get approved? I did only list about 20 on the application but I am in North Carolina and have a domain specific email - although not for any I will run through Parked ( I could set one up if that helps)
thanks.

I would suggest listing all (of the 140) domain names you own when applying. You can always send a PM to Donny and ask him to take a look at your names and your Parked application.

•••
Another $.70 cents just disappeared from Mini-Blinds.com from yesterday when it resolved. Took me from $1.53 to .83 cents.

Here's the thing I don't get...

I use adwords for my business. I know what I am PAYING when someone clicks my ad. I also have parked pages in the same market as my business and I know what I get PAID when someone clicks and ad on my page.

There is a HUGE difference.

Someone, either Google or the PPC company, is making BANK on our pages. It certainly isn't us.

Scott
-------

•••
GoPC - Remember that what you are looking at is estimates. So for today, we are estimating what you will be paid. I can tell you that all of your clicks on Mini-Blinds.com were paid for by our providers. Also remember, that people don't always click on the top ad. In your case yesterday you averaged rank 5.2, so people were more interested in the ads in the middle of the page than the top.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back