IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
daboscolton said:
Hey guys,
i've just created a Parked.com account and created a little portfolio. I have some domains with traffic on Sedo, but every click is around $0.03 - $0.05 . Hoping i can get more on Parked.
I'm optimizing the domains, only... i've inserted and configurated a television-related domain, only ... when i try to visit it, i just see cameras/mp3/mobile and nothing related to the television. I receive tons of click on this domain because it is the .com of a France/Morocco big television, but if in the parked page people just see.. "random" things... i'm not sure they will click anymore.
Or i just have to wait some time before it is updated?
Welcome to the Parked thread daboscolton.

The keywords update immediately when you hit save, but sometimes if you are using two or three keywords, and Parked has no advertisers for those keywords, then Parked's system will pick out one or two of the keywords instead of all of the keywords you put into the keyword field.

For example, if you use the keywords "French Television", Parked may only show ads for "French" or "Television" and not "French Television", but only if there are no advertisers/market ready with ads for "French Television". I hope that makes sense.

Check your site. Do the keywords on the first line, the one with color on the left side, match exactly the keywords you entered into the Parked system? If it does match... you can't do much better, but if it does not.... go back to Parked and keep experimenting with different keywords until you get ads that are acceptable on your site.

Also, are you using English Keywords? Use English and it should translate it into French..... not so sure about Moroccan.

If all else fails, PM Donny, a Parked representative here on the thread. He has posts above you can PM him from. Or you can contact your Parked representative and ask for optimization help. They may be able to force a keyword into that field if it is not accepting the keyword for you...... if the keyword is related to the domain.

On another note, earnings just started moving back up...... I love the end of September..... it happens every year at every parking company.

Last edited:
•••
Good, cause I was doing pretty well till last week, but it's been dead since then.

•••
Final stats for 2008-09-23 are delayed due to a delay from one of our prodivers.

As opposed to your amateur divers?

(ork ork)

•••
Dammit, prodivers.com is taken.

Last edited:
•••
Hi everyone,

I know we've had this before, but I cannot seem to insert a youtube video into the parked.com page.

I know you click the "f" button in custom content but for some reason in Mozilla there seems to be no reaction to the "f" button..

..i'll be clicking my own "f" button if I cant get this to work 8^X

•••
I've had various issues editing the content field with Firefox; I usually do it with IE now, even though for everything else Firefox is my browser of choice.

•••
Seabass said:
On another note, earnings just started moving back up...... I love the end of September..... it happens every year at every parking company.

Really?? Is this just because more people use the internet now that their inside more with winter coming?

•••
dcmike77 said:
Really?? Is this just because more people use the internet now that their inside more with winter coming?
Less hours of sunlight with less shining every day until the end of the year means more folks on the computer instead of outside. You ever noticed that when it is a beautiful day outside that uniques drop? Cold or rainy weather seems to keep more folks on the computer too.

I suppose that gas prices/ gas shortage is having some effect here as well.

Also, Christmas and other holidays coming up.... some folks are already thinking about it. I just got a $5 click for Christmas Gift Baskets yesterday or the day before at Parked on a Christmas domain.

I'm sure there are many other reasons I don't even know about.

•••
Ie

I hate IE but it does work better with parked from what Ive seen :blink:

•••
Most, not all of our developers use firefox, I use IE, because I find firefox to be not integrated enough into the OS like IE is. We have 2 developers who also use Safari. So we do get a good group of people who test all of the different functionalities. Chrome uses a very similiar javascript system like Safari does, so they both have the same limitations right now.

Let me know the exact issues you have with a particular brower, and I'll see what we can do, if not I'll just recomend lynx or trust old IE. :)

Donny

•••
SpareDomains said:
good deal to get paid twice a month plus 3-4 days early as well.
No doubt, definitely a classy characteristic of Parked :)

•••
Donny said:
Most, not all of our developers use firefox, I use IE, because I find firefox to be not integrated enough into the OS like IE is. We have 2 developers who also use Safari. So we do get a good group of people who test all of the different functionalities. Chrome uses a very similiar javascript system like Safari does, so they both have the same limitations right now.

Let me know the exact issues you have with a particular brower, and I'll see what we can do, if not I'll just recomend lynx or trust old IE. :)

Donny

Safari issues fixed! :tu:

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
netmeg said:
Good, cause I was doing pretty well till last week, but it's been dead since then.
I take that back.

I had a few good days, which made me think things were on the upswing, and then yesterday is appearing to be my worst day ever at Parked. But..... it is the uniques that are falling.

It's kinda' bizarre how there will be some days that look fine and then the bottom just utterly drops out. I have large portfolio, so it is not just a few domains making this happen. This should not be happening this time of year.

Anyone else seeing having days with really low uniques, compared to your historical averages of previous months and years?

•••
Yea, I have some visits, but it's mostly bots.

•••
yesterday was horrible for me too. Stats haven't updated yet, but unless tracking was off, I don't think there will be much improvement.

Looks to me like Yahoo shuffled there search results, as that was where most of my traffic was coming from previously.

•••
The numbers were a little lower yesterday, but not lower than last Saturday, everything was up about 2%. Now this is based on our estimates, not final numbers.

And Yahoo as far as I know can not make changes except on Wednesday's. Just like this coming Wednesday when the new countries should be out.

Part of the problem could be that the college football season is very popular right now. So you don't have as many people clicking.

Donny

•••
My domains are earning higher in comparison to last month.

•••
Donny said:
Just like this coming Wednesday when the new countries should be out.
Sorry if this is a stupid question... but what new countries? Is Yahoo going to monetize foreign traffic?

Thanks

•••
Seabass said:
I take that back.

I had a few good days, which made me think things were on the upswing, and then yesterday is appearing to be my worst day ever at Parked. But..... it is the uniques that are falling.

It's kinda' bizarre how there will be some days that look fine and then the bottom just utterly drops out. I have large portfolio, so it is not just a few domains making this happen. This should not be happening this time of year.

Anyone else seeing having days with really low uniques, compared to your historical averages of previous months and years?

My uniques are actually up from a few months ago, and my clicks have struggled a bit, but the CPC is holding pretty well....

•••
Thanks for the info on the cpanel IE I will switch to that.

Cheers!

•••
Seabass said:
I take that back.

Unfortunately, I have to agree :( ...but don't worry, Parked will come up with a great solution 4 sure! :)

•••
Did You check calendar what day it is? It's typical to get lower traffic. Parked works as click through so it's like lottery. 10 UIPs a day makes 0-3 clicks but sometimes makes 15.
Don't worry, Parked still brings best revenue for most of the domains. Sometimes it doesn't work with expired with traffic, cause people are expecting something else and clickthrough system doesn't work well as there are far less accidental clicks. (See my sig) :)

•••
Thanks for the responses guys.... I've second guessed Parked a couple of times in the past only to get burnt and then return to the higher returns Parked pays out.

I've just had some strikingly low days that I have never experienced before. The "domain rhythms' , if you can call it that, I've become accustomed to seem out of whack. I'm currently chalking this up to being the very unusual times we are living in, and maybe some college football too. :)

I'm surprised Parked has not seem more variance in traffic spikes and dips with everything that is going on.

On another note, I am excited to see how the new countries added by Yahoo will perform, monetarily speaking, that is.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back