Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was kind of assuming it was the holiday. I wasn't doing too badly, but I've had a run of *really* slow days the past week. Had some visits (unless they were bots) but little or no clicks.

•••
Good news - today I'm back upto 35% so far!

•••
My CTR has remained constant, but RPC dipped a couple cents or so during the Holidays. I had no traffic dip however.

•••
The system wide CTR has been normal for the past 10 days. The RPC over the weekend was lower as more people were out doing there thing. The RPC today seems very nice so far.

Donny

•••
I noticed a major drop in CTR. I discovered that my best performing domain had been changed from a one page lander to a two page lander.

•••
The only real drop I ever saw on CTR is when Ask.com was pulled.

I have noticed too that some landers have flipped recently from one page to two or two to one page.

•••
My overall CTR remains at between 50% and 60%.
Same as it has for the last 2 years.
There is daily fluctuation.... but thats normal.

RPC was down for a week or so, but now the clicks are above avg... and I imagine they will settle back into the norm over the next few days again.

Seriously, tracking stats every 15 minutes and posting about every little change isnt going to help anyone.
Constant daily tweaking by users doesnt allow the system to do its job, although it does make for a busy thread. :hehe:

Cy

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Seriously, tracking stats every 15 minutes and posting about every little change isnt going to help anyone.
Constant daily tweaking by users doesnt allow the system to do its job, although it does make for a busy thread. :hehe:

Cy

Well, it wasn't 'every 15 minutes'; the week's CTR looks like this with no changes or tweeks:

90%+ difference seems newsworthy to me.

•••
Jasdon - It's all about volume. The more volume you have the more normalized your CTR will be. I won't get into your numbers specifically on namepros, but the more volume you have the smoother everything is.

We have accounts that have been averaging 9% CTR for the past 4 months and we have some that average 98% CTR for the past 4 months. But they have a large volume of clicks so it all averages out for them.

We had no problems on the 25th or the 26th that would show why you had a lower CTR those days. It could just be a long weekend.

Donny

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:

Actually, every time I bitch and moan about a slump period, something happens and it perks up. Did today. So that's my mojo, and you all are just gonna have to get used to it. (ork ork)

I don't do much tweaking past the initial keyword/template setting - I haven't even gotten that done yet, it takes too long and I got too many domains and it's fireworks season.

•••
i have read on other forums that a lot of yahoo advertisers were getting their whole campaigns/ad groups/and ads shut down. Also, many complaining about how long yahoo is taking to approve ads... sometimes up to a week.

This could be one reason that rpc is down for some.

Just a thought.

Happy parking,
Dave

•••
Dave,
Are you saying that people are doing arbitrage? Or just normal site traffic?

Donny

•••
no, i'm talking about affiliate marketers and cpa affiliates. especially the zip submit guys.

Actually only read it in one thread... not sure how extensive it is. I'll pm you a link.

Dave

•••
Can somebody explain why the estimate revenue values are much higher than the final revenue numbers?

For example: Estimated revenue for yesterday was $4.55 (with 9 clicks), now the final revenue number for the same day is only $0.30?

ah btw this happens every day!

•••
luffo said:
Can somebody explain why the estimate revenue values are much higher than the final revenue numbers?

For example: Estimated revenue for yesterday was $4.55 (with 9 clicks), now the final revenue number for the same day is only $0.30?

welcome to parking business.

That's the way it is now.

•••
It depends on so many things you can't even begin to list them all.

•••
luffo said:

The same happens with me. When the opposite happens, which is very rare I have a party and celebrate the good fortune!

GIL

•••
kemjika11 said:
since i s tarted at parked, my CTR has never been below 14 or 15%, and now, its at 2%. i'll assume its just a temporary thing, but my traffic has increased a bit, but low CTR. i'll wait it out in the mean time...

Jasdon said:
Well, it wasn't 'every 15 minutes'; the week's CTR looks like this with no changes or tweeks:

90%+ difference seems newsworthy to me.
I'm sorry, I wasnt directing that post at anyone in particular.
It was a general observation that I have noted before.
It's akin to users that move their names to a different Parking Service every week because they dont immediately perform as expected.
All major Services have their systems designed to evolve to maximise our revenue if we just give the programs the time to do the job. (excluding the obvious totally wrong KW type of scenario)

Jasdon said:
Good news - today I'm back upto 35% so far!
This is my point, your 20% avg back on track. :tu:

Anyways... back to our regular programming. :)

Cy

•••

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

thanks for all the replies!

@strictlynames: i will take a look at that thread, thanks

•••
Just an FYI, the contact/inquiry form is now available. You can replace the for sale link with the form.

An example can be found at http://www.supermp3s.com/contact.php?d=supermp3s.com

Emails are sent every 15 minutes.

Any questions or comments, please let me know.

Donny

•••
Donny, (or anyone else)
Is there a method to batch modify all the domains in a portfolio to switch them to the new contact/inquiry form?

•••
notlikeyou said:
Donny, (or anyone else)
Is there a method to batch modify all the domains in a portfolio to switch them to the new contact/inquiry form?
This is really needed :)

Last edited:
•••
If you use the settings in the account info section it will set it for your entire account.

Donny

•••
Good update :tu:

Thanks Parked.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back