IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This looks interesting. Once I successfully bid a few domains, I am going to park myself here!

•••
deep parking discusssion

True about going off in different directions.

But parking is dying, unless some big turn around comes soon. At least it is almost dead in my accounts. That is why I am talking about the economy.

So history of domains and the boom and busts I imagine are revelent to parking in general. Especially if we had any real history of the ups and downs. We don't have much, but I have learned a heck of alot more by reading the post in this thread as some members here were there during the boom and the busts.

Hmmm.. what to talk about?.

Ok here is a heavy idea, lets talk about Parked. Umm.., umm.. I am drawing a blank. Ok here goes I got something.. Parked does have a nice name.

Last edited:
•••
goodkarmaco said:
Hmmm.. what to talk about?.

Ok here is a heavy idea, lets talk about Parked. Umm.., umm.. I am drawing a blank. Ok here goes I got something.. Parked does have a nice name.
:zzz: Wake me up when your RPC goes up or when Microsoft buys Yahoo.

GIL

•••
Hmm, let's see. Yes, my RPC is slowly but sure increasing. CTR is also back up but has
levelled off at about 50%.

I don't care what others may say about arbitrage, it gave advertisers good bang for their buck. With arb my average CTR was about 80% so obviously my campaign ads
attracted visitors and those visitors found what they wanted at my sites. May Yahoo
rot in M$ hell!

•••
Contest, grow a beard before ppc rises

Gilsan,,

you may need a shave when you wake up.

Last edited:
•••
goodkarmaco said:
Gilsan,,

you may need a shave when you wake up.
Hey Roderick,

The way the Yahoo stock is dropping it may be a short sleep!

Big Vulture M$ is waiting patiently for the kill!

I notice that Parked final stats come out later than a few months ago.

GIL

•••
The excitement is seemingly gone ...

Donny used to post all the time about new features, etc ... lately it's been quiet ... too quiet.

My Parked.com earnings are meager, but I've gathering decent stats, and insight about the domains I have over the past few months, plus made some extra money. So all and all it's been worthwhile.

However, with my earnings so low, and continuing to fall (not just at Parked, but elsewhere too), in addition to the various seemingly increased legal risks of parking domains...

I'm in the process of reducing parking significantly, and instead will redirect most domains to my own domain listing website, and also will develop some.

Parking will still be around, but for the industry to remain relavent, in my view, parking companies need to change things up significantly ... as in custom content (not wikipedia mirroring, but real content) as well as more powerful tools / filters...

To do custom content right, parking companies would need to hire many reliable web designers who do decent custom content work at reasonable cost; webmasters would be charged a fee per domain and/or via revenue split to help cover the costs.

Digressing a bit, but bottom line is that in my view, custom content parking is the future ... I've yet to see any parking program that truly does it... be awesome if Parked.com did - that would be the best!

Ron

•••
Hey Domagon...pm sent.

Paul

•••
Domagon - Sometimes being quiet means we are busy working on new products or features. We are currently pre-alpha testing a new feature that will change parking as we have all known it for a long time. But now we have to get it out of pre-alpha testing.

I don't think you will ever see a successful parking company that creates custom content for it's customers, because then they will run into the same problem like WhyPark and some of the others have, as their will always be duplicate content. The only way to create real content is to do it yourself.

The domain parking business has completely changed since 1/1/2008 as have most industries. And it will continue to change as everybody adapts to the new rules and the change in the economy.

Understand that the sky isn't falling, because if it was I would be telling people to run. To me it's just time to sit back and learn from the mistakes of the past, make improves, try new things, and go from there.

If you have a portfolio of good/decent domains I think you will do just fine. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Sometimes being quiet means we are busy working on new products or features. We are currently pre-alpha testing a new feature that will change parking as we have all known it for a long time. But now we have to get it out of pre-alpha testing.
Donny

Thanks Donny. I have over 11,000 domains parked at parked.com and am looking forward to new ways to improve revenues!

•••
Donny said:
Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
I am enjoying the ride, Thanks Donny and Parked

•••
thats awesome news.

No dinasaurs around here. I am glad to hear the companies like Parked have a ace up their sleeve. Great news for domainers if revenue can come from somewhere. I like to play the game and do all the work to optimise. My small stack of chips isn't growing. Looking at my cards, all I have is deuces.

•••
goodkarmaco said:
thats awesome news.

No dinasaurs around here. I am glad to hear the companies like Parked have a ace up their sleeve. Great news for domainers if revenue can come from somewhere. I like to play the game and do all the work to optimise. My small stack of chips isn't growing. Looking at my cards, all I have is deuces.

Hope for a good flop then.... B-)

•••
Some faith

What is key to remember is that the Parked folks have their own stock of domains (maybe Donny will tell us how many or a rough range).

So yes we're all taking in the shorts but so is Donny and the parked folks. I'm sure they'll be changing things for the better soon. I'm looking forward to any changes that would allow some custom design of the pages.

Widgets that could be moved around the page? More custom content areas?

•••
Donny - I have got accounts at all parking companies parked is the worst revenue for Turkish traffic it gives 0.01 for that part of visitors click , 100 clicks 1 dollar it is very comic. What was the highest payout in 15 day period for a customer receives up to started to this job? I did not hear someday says I received a lot of money always hearing ban messages in namepros and other forums most of the customers did not declare that they got banned from the system. I heard Someone received 20000 dollars in 1 month from trafficz but if you answer my question please exclude parked.com's owner account ,worker account received revenues declare a person who you dont know him in real , and exclude parked.com's owned domains revenues(computer.com,sex.net etc.) and my other question incase of parked.com's owned domains received fraud traffic , which account you are banning ? please answer my questions and moderators dont delete my message.

•••
We are living in very tough times folks. The people who run Parked know domaining and parking. Will parking get back up on its feet, or replaced with something new and better?

Time will tell, one thing for sure the money earned parking is not going to go far as inflation heats up around the world.

•••
I just signed up with parked. I'm getting over $80 RPM on my main traffic domain, so I'm not complaining.

I don't really have any previous parked results to compare it to though. But I can say it's much better than I was getting at NameDrive/Sedo.

•••
epasport - I know plenty of people who make $20,000 a day, much less a month. And that's without arbitrage.

Turkish traffic does not pay very well today. But we are trying to improve the overall system each day.

Donny

•••
•••
Hey, we are slowly "inching up" on the "new revolution thread" for the most views! ;)

•••
Donny said:
epasport - I know plenty of people who make $20,000 a day, much less a month. And that's without arbitrage.

Turkish traffic does not pay very well today. But we are trying to improve the overall system each day.

Donny

wth... how many domains do these people own on average to earn this kind of money in a day?

•••
PowerUp said:
wth... how many domains do these people own on average to earn this kind of money in a day?

ha ha........ either way, they are working their magic :)

•••
PowerUp said:

It's probably more a question of quality than quantity.

I have somewhere around 800 domains at Parked at the moment, but most of my income comes from just a handful of 'em. Slowly, some of the others are starting to gain type-in ground (and lately I've been seeing more search engine traffic from yahoo, believe it or not)

Overall, I'm satisfied with the state of things. I think of my domains like real estate - there might be down periods, but since I buy generic keyword names, mostly dot-coms, and a lot of geo targeted stuff, they're not likely to be worth less than I paid for them in the future, if I can ride it out. I'm not making anywhere near as much with parking as I did when I tried arbitrage for a while, but I'm also not spending anything other than reg fees either.

I decided that even if Yahoo hadn't clamped down, arbitrage wouldn't have been a good business model for me - it was just taking up too much time and effort. When I added up all the worry and time spent trying to maintain a good quality score and low enough bids, I figured out it was actually less hassle to just develop and not have to worry about it again.

•••
There was a day when i believed that my domains are of decent quality; actually even Donny stated that my domains are pretty decent, yet - from the old glory days, nothing is left but shambles.
It's no ones fault at Parked, but simply how the industry changes and frankly, development doesn't seem to do it for me either. Low to no traction, adsense is a catastrophe and YPN seems to be unresponsive to applications. In a nutshell, back to parking (parked) and hoping that the domains are at least self supportive in their reg. fees ...

M.

•••
I know one person who has less than 200 domains and another who has more than 10k domains. It's always about quality, good domains will make money over time. And good usually doesn't include misspellings or TM's, those just cause more problems now.

Mike - My friend at YPN said they are not approving anybody right now as they are reworking stuff somehow. He wouldn't elaborate at all on it though.

Donny

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back