Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's with the pathetically low CTR today? It's less than half my historical rate for the past year. Lot's of people seem to be seeing this - something up?

•••
yah.... im in single digits today.. about half my average for this month. Does seem a bit off....

•••
Yup. Nothing but bots here.

•••
Spade said:
yah.... im in single digits today.. about half my average for this month. Does seem a bit off....

nice website....how about doing some auctions. Monkier agreement is unbelievable. I cant believe anyone would ever sign such a contract.

•••
Like many of us domainers, I am experiencing low CTR with very few visitors and clicks on all of my domains compare to previous months. This could be dew to recent Yahoo arb shutting down. But I did added some custom content to all of my domains at that time and since then things went down hill.

So, is it possible that adding custom content such as: (text, pictures) can actually affect the click through? Does adding custom content actually always helps? I'd like to know your thoughts about that.

•••
pixelpadre said:
nice website....how about doing some auctions. Monkier agreement is unbelievable. I cant believe anyone would ever sign such a contract.

What are you reading my mind? Get ready - launch is in 2 weeks (hopefully!)

•••
I don't see the lower CTR today.

It looks like CTR has inched up a bit for me lately, and in the last couple, three days RPC has been much better than the last 30 days. I have no idea why either.

•••
I got 1 domain at about 1.86 rpc, and one at about 6.02 rpc.

both at over 100% ctr
great topics!

•••
I just removed one of my domain from my previous web server since few days ago (with content, it was developed for a long time 1 year probably), and i want to park it in parked.
Is it legal, because it has lot of back links, and some users maybe promote my website out there, and i don't know how they promote mine.

Thank you.

- Kurniawan

•••
Kurniawan - Yes that is fine.

Donny

•••
Wow!...who is this "Rick Latona" posted all over Namepros???

•••
from the look of it it seems to be the owner of NP....

•••
SDX said:
Wow!...who is this "Rick Latona" posted all over Namepros???

I wonder how much it costs to "rent" namepros? He should have done this on halloween lol

Rick Latona this morning had only 14 post in 3 whole years on name pros, guess hes more of a reader than a poster.

•••
He must be the owner of a big orange grove. The whole site is painted in diferent shades of orange.

GIL ;)

•••
Now my avatar looks like crap because of this Rick LOL

•••
There's a mammoth thread going on about it - you can read it Here, Just to summarize it here in the parked.com thread:

NAMEPROS.COM HAS NOT BEEN SOLD OR CHANGED OWNERSHIP.

Rick Latona has booked an ad, which enables him to skin and co-brand NP as part of the package. This sponsorship is a timed event that will NOT last forever.

Please keep comments about the visual changes to the "Rick Latona" thread and continue to treat the Parked.com thread as professional as we're used to.

Enjoy the "sunshine" as an early messenger for the upcoming summer. ;)

Back to the parked.com thread.

M.

•••
it didn t look too good before as well... :D

•••
Mike - Sure, we know the truth. RJ needed a little money so he put up namepros.com on digipawn.com and Rick decided to keep the domain and turn it into the next GFY and all moderators are not employees of offshoring.com. Are you saying I'm not right? :imho:

Is it April fools yet?

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Mike - Sure, we know the truth. RJ needed a little money so he put up namepros.com on digipawn.com and Rick decided to keep the domain and turn it into the next GFY and all moderators are not employees of offshoring.com. Are you saying I'm not right? :imho:

Is it April fools yet?

Donny
So, we should negotiate with Rick to get some cold hard cash paychecks? :kickass: I'm sure missing the old amounts on my parked.com partner payments - one has to compensate :$:
NP Staff is working from underneath an Australian rock from hereon out - Donny, scoot over please, we need more room! ;)

M.

•••
How are your Parked.com domains doing on Google today? Seems mine are deindexed. Actually... what does it mean if I see domains appear on Google searches somewhere (1st page domain is 105th now) but site:siteurl doesn`t show any indexed results? :-/

•••
John Doe said:
How are your Parked.com domains doing on Google today? Seems mine are deindexed. Actually... what does it mean if I see domains appear on Google searches somewhere (1st page domain is 105th now) but site:siteurl doesn`t show any indexed results? :-/
I've had that problem from day 1. My domains never showed on Google - no matter the content. I just simply didn't get indexed at all or not shown with the site info.
Netmeg has probably a good answer for that :)

M.

•••
Donny said:
Kurniawan - Yes that is fine.

Donny
Thank you Donny. I will park it. :)

- Kurniawan.

•••
So is anybody going to Domain Round Table next month?

Donny

•••
Donny said:

Donny

If you could allow arbitrage for a day or two I could get a ticket ;) :D

•••
Donny said:

Donny
What is Domain Round Table? Some kind of Domainers get together?

GIL

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back