Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can you take a few of my names back? I send only top tier SE visitors with high CTR. :)

PM SENT

Last edited:
•••
netmeg - PM me the domain and what you are thinking about and I'll see what I can do on my end.

DNPresident - If you are talking about arbitrage traffic, we still can not take it. Yesterday, I was actually banning domains from people who were still doing arbitrage.

Donny

•••
•••
•••
VirtualT said:
well that must be an awful lot then, with just a cursory search on google for home loan refinance I stumbled on two sponsored listings going to parked, yes this was my first try in all of 30 seconds:

http://1st-debt-consolidation-unsecured-personal-loans.com/
and
http://micro-loan-experts-net.com/

please explain?

Yep, I've seen a lot of arbitrage links out there this weekend...some people didn't get the message or just don't care. I'm sure it's super easy to kill those domains via referrer tags.

•••
My campaigns had some residual effect (cached adsense/adword ads?) even after I turned off the campaigns.

I can confirm that Parked is not blocking the traffic . . . BUT IS BLOCKING THE CLICKS. My CTR was 0% eventhrough regularly its above 60%.

you can spend all the advertising money you want . . . you just wont make any profit

VirtualT said:
well that must be an awful lot then, with just a cursory search on google for home loan refinance I stumbled on two sponsored listings going to parked, yes this was my first try in all of 30 seconds:

http://1st-debt-consolidation-unsecured-personal-loans.com/
and
http://micro-loan-experts-net.com/

please explain?

•••
We have had some people who's campaigns were refunded at different times and things started back up automatically. If I see somebody doing arbitrage for the first time in a while, I will remind them. But we have sent out 8 mass emails at this point, anybody who has received more than 3 automatically gets their domains blocked. It's not something I want to do, but I don't have much of a choice. The two mentioned above only have received the initial warning. I will be emailing them this morning. I'm sure you will see them disappear today.

Donny

•••
Hi everyone,

It seems that my single click pages generate significantly less revenue per click than my multiple click pages. Is it possible to change my single click pages to multiple click pages within parked.com?

Thanks in advance,

Sumbini

•••
Sumbini,
Contact your account manager.

Donny

•••
sumbini said:
Hi everyone,

It seems that my single click pages generate significantly less revenue per click than my multiple click pages. Is it possible to change my single click pages to multiple click pages within parked.com?

Thanks in advance,

Sumbini

You must contact your account manager to make that change.

•••
Not sure about everyone, but ever since Arbitrage died I've noticed an INCREASE in RPC! :tu:

•••
SDX said:
Not sure about everyone, but ever since Arbitrage died I've noticed an INCREASE in RPC! :tu:

Same here, the RPC is up almost double since Yahoo stopped accepting arbitrage traffic. My CTR is down of course. I've contacted my account manager regarding my sudden high RPC and got the following answer: "With the new rules instated by Yahoo, you will probably see a higher RPC from here on out because this policy is going to weed out a lot of the garbage traffic causing the value of clicks to go up across the board."

•••
Sorry, I just don't buy the garbage traffic argument for RPCs. *shrug* It's the same as it was with arbitrage, some people are saying it's going down and some are saying it's going up.

I can attest to the randomness of the account manager assignments... mine is Donny himself ;)

•••
Does anyone have any success earning commissions by placing CJ affiliate links in the custom content area of parked.com pages?

Much appreciated if you can share any info - URLS or success stories.

-Jeff

•••
drjeff said:
Does anyone have any success earning commissions by placing CJ affiliate links in the custom content area of parked.com pages?

Much appreciated if you can share any info - URLS or success stories.

-Jeff
It might work for some people, but it cut my CTR by 45% right away. So, I reversed it back to stock.

SDX said:
Different stories for different people. My traffic tanked, CTR tanked, and RPC tanked. I have been seeking answers, but have found none so far.

•••
I just looked at a name that got a few clicks and it's paying right at 1/3 what it was getting at one time? This is only one name so not much to base anything on but I guess you can put it in the loosers bracket.

Congrats to the ones seeing more.......

•••
SDX said:

I saw a surge in PPC at the beginning but then it took a dip and is still running low. When I say surge/dip I mean about 10% up or 10% down .

One thing I have noticed recently that I find a little unusual, and I don't know if it is related to the new Panama system/ TQ system, is that when a particular "generic domain" starts to scream upward in traffic usually b/c of the season or holiday, (such as Christmas or camping domains), "without any expired traffic" links influencing those domains, the PPC price gravitates downward. It is almost as if Yahoo has a governor on the traffic to keep a payout on a particular domain from racking up a big tab really fast. It makes me wonder if this is some kind of governor created to downthrottle the PPC payout and stem PPC fraud, but the domainer gets the shorted in the name of fraud control when actually he or she provided more traffic.

Anyone else noticed this?

•••
Seabass said:
I saw a surge in PPC at the beginning but then it took a dip and is still running low. When I say surge/dip I mean about 10% up or 10% down .

One thing I have noticed recently that I find a little unusual, and I don't know if it is related to the new Panama system/ TQ system, is that when a particular "generic domain" starts to scream upward in traffic usually b/c of the season or holiday, (such as Christmas or camping domains), "without any expired traffic" links influencing those domains, the PPC price gravitates downward. It is almost as if Yahoo has a governor on the traffic to keep a payout on a particular domain from racking up a big tab really fast. It makes me wonder if this is some kind of governor created to downthrottle the PPC payout and stem PPC fraud, but the domainer gets the shorted in the name of fraud control when actually he or she provided more traffic.

Anyone else noticed this?

most definitely

•••
Donny said:
Sumbini,
Contact your account manager.

Donny

Thank you Donny!

turner10 said:
You must contact your account manager to make that change.

and turner10!

-Sumbini

•••
WOW! What used to be worth 65-78 cents per click is now getting reduced to 7 cents per click! And this applies across the board for over a week now. That's not just disheartening, that's downright miserable. Time to move on. :td:

M.

•••
Mike said:
WOW! What used to be worth 65-78 cents per click is now getting reduced to 7 cents per click! And this applies across the board for over a week now. That's not just disheartening, that's downright miserable. Time to move on. :td:

M.

couldn't agree more

•••
Mike - Send me an example of a keyword that used to pay 65-70 cents that is now paying 7 cents. Our overall RPC has actually gone up 2 cents since arbitrage went away. So a drop that big doesn't make much sense.

** After a little research I found the keyword you were talking about. The same keyword on 2/20 was clicked out twice and you averaged $0.87 RPC on that day both clicks were from the US and they were position #1 and #2, the highest paying clicks. On 2/24 you had 3 clicks, only 2 were paid for. First click was from the UK and it was position #4, the second and third click was on position #6. I'm assuming one of the double clicks were not paid for. This is why you saw such a big drop in RPC. When you have a large number of clicks things always average out, but with a smaller number of clicks you will see a large change like in this case.

I have accounts at every parking company that will let me in and everyone of them my RPC takes huge jumps up and down everyday, because I don't have thousands of clicks with each one everyday.

Donny

Last edited:
•••
I'd love to register at parked, but I prefer to use ASCII characters (!,@,#,$,%...) in my password, which they don't seem to allow at the time.

•••
phlegma said:
I'd love to register at parked, but I prefer to use ASCII characters (!,@,#,$,%...) in my password, which they don't seem to allow at the time.

I think maybe you're a tad too paranoid :)

•••
Received this email from Yahoo! Search Marketing a few minutes ago.

Pricing Update:
Minimum Bids will no Longer be Fixed at $0.10

Starting in the next several weeks, the minimum bids for a number of Sponsored Search keywords will no longer be fixed at $0.10. Your new minimum bids can be lower or higher than $0.10 Content Match minimum bids currently will remain at $0.10

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back