IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Donny,

I am silvana, indonesian people...

I want to ask you one question...

Whether me and other indonesian people can start to join parked.com again?

If not yet... there's a solved for this problem?

Thanks,
Silvana

•••
Any problems with the stat of Feb 6th (today)?

good traffic, almost no clicks.??

•••
How does parked do for numerics. I have a large portfolio of numerics that are doing quite well at godaddy and I wanted to try them at parked for a while to compare. Lots of the traffic is non-U.S. Thoughts?

•••
hmmm,

its very quiet today in this thread...anything?

•••
rkbdomain said:
How does parked do for numerics. I have a large portfolio of numerics that are doing quite well at godaddy and I wanted to try them at parked for a while to compare. Lots of the traffic is non-U.S. Thoughts?

Regarding traffic from outside the US and Canada, I got the impression in a
communication from Donny that it might lower one's TQS.

Has anyone else heard this?

•••
packrat said:
Regarding traffic from outside the US and Canada, I got the impression in a
communication from Donny that it might lower one's TQS.

Has anyone else heard this?

I assumed it was something along this line. Low quality foreign traffic. Ive avoided that as much as possible.

Justin

•••
hi, my 1st post...
I've been following many reviews about parked.com
I'm Indonesian. And I'm very interesting to join parked.com

•••
Does custom content boost your revenue?

I just did another little one-week-long experiment with my custom content again - just to see. I put 5 hyperlinks to some of my other sites neatly on the left side to line up below my Parked ad links. At the beginning of the experiment my CTR dropped between 15% and 30%. However, I did get a few extra clicks on the linked-to sites; but not enough to make up for the reduction in revenues on the site itself. Also, when sticking to the pure-Parked-only content, my RPC tends to be a little higher on average. Now that I have removed all my custom content, my RPC and CTR have already jumped substantially. I wonder if that is a natural phenomenon, or whether Parked's algorithms play a part (?).

Anyone have similar experiences?... Different ones?

•••
panterrasbox said:
I just did another little one-week-long experiment with my custom content again - just to see. I put 5 hyperlinks to some of my other sites neatly on the left side to line up below my Parked ad links. At the beginning of the experiment my CTR dropped between 15% and 30%. However, I did get a few extra clicks on the linked-to sites; but not enough to make up for the reduction in revenues on the site itself. Also, when sticking to the pure-Parked-only content, my RPC tends to be a little higher on average. Now that I have removed all my custom content, my RPC and CTR have already jumped substantially. I wonder if that is a natural phenomenon, or whether Parked's algorithms play a part (?).

Anyone have similar experiences?... Different ones?

Well I can say that removing custom content from the 2 click landers did improve my CTR.

Another thing that improves CTR IMO are custom pictures. I get all my pictures from istockphoto since they are just $1 dollar and look totally professional.

•••
Please pardon our progress. Parked.com's services are briefly down for a hardware upgrade.

The improvements will allow even faster and more reliable services to Parked customers. Unfortunately, to make the upgrade requires this temporary inconvenience.

Please accept our apologies. We will be back online shortly.

PLEASE NOTE: Parked.com's domain parking services are not being affected by this upgrade.

No need for 1000 posts about it :)

•••
EG.domains said:
No need for 1000 posts about it :)

Where was that posted or announced? didn't see it anywhere. when was it posted? :)

•••
HiSoC8Y said:
Where was that posted or announced? didn't see it anywhere. when was it posted? :)
I was refreshing my stats then got it.

•••
•••
•••
It was about 5-10 minutes ago. Should only be for a little while.

Donny

•••
•••
Correct. It is still down.

Donny

•••
mrizos said:
...Another thing that improves CTR IMO are custom pictures. I get all my pictures from istockphoto since they are just $1 dollar and look totally professional.
Interesting; I'll have to give it a try. Any specific tips in regards to number of pictures, picture size, colors, positioning? Thanks!

•••
panterrasbox said:
Interesting; I'll have to give it a try. Any specific tips in regards to number of pictures, picture size, colors, positioning? Thanks!

pick a picture that is related to your content. to use a custom picture, you must comply with parked.com image size/dimension

you will find it when you click on "customize template"

but here it is

for the lander page, 385x261
for the results page, 250x251

good luck!

•••
panterrasbox said:

Actually, youve inspired me to try this as well.... Just waiting for parked to come back up so I can add it.

Justin

•••
i recommend you use custom images.

i though you guys are already doing this, i've been using it with all parked pages, not only parked.com, but others also, whypark...etc

•••
does a custom pic really help??

•••
tonyfloyd said:
It's not about custom or Parked's templete pic. it's about how pic related to what your visitors looking for.

I have many domains doing well with Parked pics and other needed custom pics.

•••
tonyfloyd said:

From my own experience, it helps ALOT

•••
k...thanks guys...will test this out...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back