Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks, Donny. My numbers for the 10th got adjusted down about 25%, which was a pretty big hit still, but I'm hoping yesterday's will adjust up with the new TQ score. Thanks also in advance for adding the feature so we will be able to see our TQ score at any given point.

•••
I am new to parked:

1. Is TQ score for each domain or entire account?

2. Does low performing or domains with traffic from countries other than US/Canada affect TQ score?

3. Is it advisable to separate the account in to couple of accounts: one for USA/Canada traffic domains, and the other for the rest? This way US/Canadia traffic won't suffer because of the other traffic!

4. Does arbitrage lower the TQ score?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
rickkumar said:
I am new to parked:

1. Is TQ score for each domain or entire account?

2. Does low performing or domains with traffic from other countries such as India affect TQ score?

3. Is it advisable to separate the account in to couple of accounts: one for USA/Canada traffic domains, and the other for the rest? This way US/Canadia traffic won't suffer because of the other traffic!

4. Does arbitrage lower the TQ score?

Thanks.

Great questions - I would like to know too.

I think the TQ will be provided only per account only, if I understand right, but Yahoo is tracking each domain individually to formulate this score.

I got a couple of other questions:

5. Does the amount of domains one has with Yahoo affect the TQ score, or is it just based off of quality? What if you are a big volume customer, does that help?

6. Are there certain preferred categories that Yahoo desperately wants more traffic from, that would help the score, if added?

Maybe some of this is not answerable for what ever reason, but I thought I would ask.

•••
Gil - My son is 6, he is a New Year's Eve baby. :)

TQ scores are only available on an account level. It is technically possible to get it on a domain, but the domain has to have about 300 clicks a day and usually it's not really worth us doing it since it takes about 2 weeks to do.

The TQ score is completely based on clicks, so if you don't have any clicks your score is not affected by any particular domain. India traffic does not go to Yahoo only our Ask feed.

I don't recommend seperating accounts, it really doesn't help. We have tried it ourselves and it really doesn't help any.

Arbitrage can lower the score, it just depends on where the traffic is coming from. If you use a low quality source, you will get a low score.

The score is completely based on clicks, so if you have 50,000 domains that all get 5 clicks a day, your score will be averaged across all of the clicks. But if you have 10 domain and 1 of them gets 98% of your clicks then your score will based completely off of that one domain. So if that 1 domain is not very good then your score will suffer.

I don't think Yahoo wants any particular traffic. I can tell you just based on experience that usually the higher the price of the keyword, usually the lower the score. I'm assuming this is because those advertisers track conversions better.

Hope this helps.

Donny

•••
Donny said:

Arbitrage can lower the score, it just depends on where the traffic is coming from. If you use a low quality source, you will get a low score.

Donny

Q: If I remember correctly, the good sources were mentioned here to be MSN and Google. Not sure if Ask is also a good source or acceptable?

Btw, thanks Donny that was good explanation of the TQ score.

•••
Donny said:

TQ scores are only available on an account level. It is technically possible to get it on a domain, but the domain has to have about 300 clicks a day and usually it's not really worth us doing it since it takes about 2 weeks to do.

The TQ score is completely based on clicks, so if you don't have any clicks your score is not affected by any particular domain. India traffic does not go to Yahoo only our Ask feed.

I don't recommend seperating accounts, it really doesn't help. We have tried it ourselves and it really doesn't help any.

The score is completely based on clicks, so if you have 50,000 domains that all get 5 clicks a day, your score will be averaged across all of the clicks. But if you have 10 domain and 1 of them gets 98% of your clicks then your score will based completely off of that one domain. So if that 1 domain is not very good then your score will suffer.

I don't think Yahoo wants any particular traffic. I can tell you just based on experience that usually the higher the price of the keyword, usually the lower the score. I'm assuming this is because those advertisers track conversions better.

Hope this helps.

Donny

What if I have added a thousand of domains into Parked account. But I only pointed some domains' DNS to Parked, but really high traffic. How will the TQ work in this case?

•••
Guys im somewhat lost. What is TQ?

•••
domainer50 said:
Guys im somewhat lost. What is TQ?

It has to do with whether Yahoo will Tolerate you or not.

It means "Tolerance Quotia". The lower your score the closer you are to be dumped by Yahoo permanently. If you hit a Tolerance Quotia of "0" - you are "out of here". No more PPC for you.

Just joking - it means "Traffic Quality". :)

•••
Seabass said:
It has to do with whether Yahoo will Tolerate you or not.

It means "Tolerance Quotia". The lower your score the closer you are to be dumped by Yahoo permanently. If you hit a Tolerance Quotia of "0" - you are "out of here". No more PPC for you.

Just joking - it means "Traffic Quality". :)
Funny Joke :)

•••
How would you guys set this domains keyword?

http://www.IntranetDevelopers.com it is set to parked's setting but gives unrelated adds

(An 'intranet' is a private computer network that uses Internet protocols and network connectivity to securely share part of an organization's information)

•••
how would you set this keyword?

intranetdevelopers.com it is getting unrelated ads

(An 'intranet' is a private computer network that uses Internet protocols and network connectivity to securely share part of an organization's information)

anyone mind coming home to this every night?

desiredbody.com

•••
thoroughbredbet said:
how would you set this keyword?

intranetdevelopers.com it is getting unrelated ads

Just use "Intranet" as the keyword and get rid of "developers". Currently it appears that the ads displayed are keying off of "developers", instead of "Intranet". You need it to key off of "Intranet" only. Developers already work with Intranets so you should get related ads when you change it.

Parked's system will key off of one keyword, usually the second one if two are entered. I believe Donny mentioned this "second Keyword" system preference previously.

So, try "Intranet" and see if you get something acceptable.

Last edited:
•••
Donny,

Thanks so much for your responsiveness and detailed explanations. We greatly appreciate your help.

I want to clarify that I was not complaining, just reporting the facts in order to see if I alone was experiencing this, and if there was something I was doing that was responsible.

I am just trying to understand what is affecting my Parked revenue, and what, if anything, I can do to improve it. It seems like we all will be at the mercy of Yahoo and their TQS reorganization over the next week or so.

Thanks for pursing the display of our TQS in our account. It will save us from having to bug you or our Account Manager.

Another small suggestion: I think many people would find it helpful if you would also display the last update date/time on the reports pages in addition to just the dashboard page.

Thanks again for all your help and dedication.

•••
•••
Finalized stats are out for yesterday. I had a 30% drop :'(
It's been a roller coaster Week for me and I believe for many at Parked!

GIL :)

•••
I dropped from 97 bucks to 91 bucks i can live with that

•••
Donny said:

As my 2 yr old would say..."Happy Badayday!" to your son.

•••
GILSAN said:
Finalized stats are out for yesterday. I had a 30% drop :'(
It's been a roller coaster Week for me and I believe for many at Parked!

Yea, me too. Over 25% this time too. So whatever my problem is, it's apparently not TQ. Glug. Maybe it's time to make some changes.

•••
netmeg said:
Yea, me too. Over 25% this time too. So whatever my problem is, it's apparently not TQ. Glug. Maybe it's time to make some changes.

I'm beginning to wonder if these swings are related to ask.com? There seems to be some kind of problem there!

•••
Yesterday and today my drops were only a few dollars on $300 worth of traffic. It's been a real up and down week, but the estimates have been pretty dead-on the last couple days for me. I get 1400+ clicks per day most days so I would expect them to be pretty dead-on.

•••
I dropped 16%. Ouch. This must be Ask.

madpoet said:
Yesterday and today my drops were only a few dollars on $300 worth of traffic. It's been a real up and down week, but the estimates have been pretty dead-on the last couple days for me. I get 1400+ clicks per day most days so I would expect them to be pretty dead-on.

I just took a look-see and my numbers jive with you numbers, meaning about $300 per 1,400 clicks sent to Parked. That's interesting.

Last edited:
•••
Well I am with parked for about 1 week and still trying to make sense out of parked system. I am not used to revenue changes next day from my other parking company.

I had 1 domain yesterday with 1 visitor & 35 clicks and over $10 in revenue. When the final numbers came today it was down to about $2 revenue.....I expected it..so no problem. I also notified Donny about it.

Now the fun part: I have a domain about free cell phones..It always make good money with good RPC......it had good visitors and good clicks yesterday also and made about $20 BUT when the final numbers came today it was only about $6. This domain "always" makes good money, so where did the $14 go? Now that makes me scratch my head. Now I am afraid what if yahoo keeps shaving this domain daily, then my only course left will be to move it back to the other parking co.

I am just making a fraction of what I made elsewhere but I am willing to give parked more time for optimization of the landers and hopefully increase the revenue and finally make more than what I make elsewhere.

- I like the easy to use system.
- I like the relevant photos on landers, make them look impressive.
- I like Donny's quick customer care.
- I also think parked.com is more open and responsive to domainers' needs than other parking companies.
- plus I want to try arbitrage that many people here always talk about:)

Lets see what happens..............

:)

Last edited:
•••
I dropped about $3 yesterday, which is something i can live with. However, Gil has nailed it pretty well. This week has been a rollercoaster ride with days that have turned out to be the best days ever, then the following 3 days have been 20%-25% of the better days. :(

Last but not least, Donny - thanks for keeping everyone up to date, this is a key ingredient for making me feel comfortable at Parked.com and confident in your services.

M.

•••
not bad for me...$11 drop. :)

I can never really complain though, parked.com is simply an amazing parking program compared to the rest.

•••
mrizos said:
not bad for me...$11 drop. :)

I can never really complain though, parked.com is simply an amazing parking program compared to the rest.

$11! You shouldve seen me when i got 2 clicks for 5 cents, I was going nuts!! How do you manage to stay so calm :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back