IT.COM

Park - Not Sell - At Sedo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm just wondering if you park your domain at Sedo, does it have to be for sale? I have a Sedo account and a few domains I'd like to park for traffic (I know they're getting traffic) but I'm not looking to sell. I didn't see anything about this on the FAQ although I figure it probably can be done.

Then again, I guess the domain could be parked there at a "make offer" price and then I could politely refuse any offers that came my way. Unless they were really good and I changed my mind and decided to sell.

Guess I found my own solution. But I still wonder if Sedo is also set up to just be used for traffic revenue as well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Then again, I guess the domain could be parked there at a "make offer" price and then I could politely refuse any offers that came my way.

That's precisely what Sedo suggests for domains that you aren't really keen on selling. Since its a 'make offer' domain, its up to you whether to accept or ignore any offers that come along.

•••
Thanks. I just registered two new domains and I'm going to use Sedo just to judge whether or not they will rate any traffic.

:wave:

•••
Sedo will change the status from "Parked - For Sale" to "Just Parked" which will remove any reference to the name being for sale on the dispalyed page. Just email them with the names in question and request it.

Regards,

Caveman

•••
Just don't accept any offer. It's actually good to get offers becauise it gives you an idea what the domain is worth. You can always decline an offer.

•••
Originally posted by spikedo
It's actually good to get offers becauise it gives you an idea what the domain is worth.

These are NOT words to live by. If you get a $5 offer for a three letter .com, doesn't mean it's worth $5.

•••
"becauise it gives you an idea"

He is just stating that if many people give you lowball offers, it may be worse then you think and vice versa.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back