Domain Empire

paa.com expiring today...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Kind of strange to see such com expiring.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where do you see that date?

Updated Date: 2020-11-30T12:16:13Z
Creation Date: 1997-08-02T04:00:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-10-14T16:13:48Z

•••
Pending delete domains on ExpiredDomains.net for example.

It's dropping today, couple hours from now on. Bid on Dropcatch if interested... but it will go expensive.

Edit: Also on SnapNames

Edit2: Title is bad, it should have been expired and dropping today.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It's not the only one dropping recently, I saw another 3-letter like 2-3 weeks ago. Can't remember the name though.

Happens from time to time for some reason...

•••
DropCatch got it (no surprise there...), now we shall see how much it goes for $$$$$ :xf.grin:

•••
Guess they won't be using CSC again anytime soon :)

•••
•••
Paa is "legs" in many Philippine languages/dialects

•••
Now $60k... curious how much it can still grow in price.

•••
•••
Whose was it?

It forwarded to GE healthcare. Which was rebranded/merged(?) to Cytiva Life sciences. After a 20+ Billion acquisition by Danaher Corporation earlier this year.

Edit: GE healthcare acquired paa laboratories in 2011, that's how they ended up with the domain.

Edit 2: bottom line, this should never have happened. It won't really hurt them but still, a waste to let go of such a valuable asset.

Last edited:
•••
I guess it happens all the time, assets getting lost in the acquisition/merger processes.

There was a decades-old company in Poland named Star, which produced trucks in Starachowice, it has been acquired by MAN and they redirected the old domain star.pl to a wikipedia page about Star (quite an interesting move btw), but this year they forgot to renew and it started expiring, though it got reactivated half-way through.

But I've seen it lots of times, domains getting dropped after merger or rebranding. One time I caught such a domain and a few years(!) later I got an e-mail from the new owner of the company previously owning the domain asking me how to access the domain because they lost the login details...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back