Dynadot

question Owning a domain .us for an entity outside USA

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello, i own a .us domain but i'm a physical person outside USA, now i'd develop a business on it, but i wouldn't risk to lost the domain. What do you suggest ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are 3 Nexus Categories under which you can register .us

1. A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions [Nexus Category 1],

2. A United States entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories, or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States or a political subdivision thereof, and non-commercial organizations based in the United States) [Nexus Category 2], or

3. A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories [Nexus Category 3].

https://www.about.us/cdn/resources/ebooks/policies/usTLD_Nexus_Requirements_Policy.pdf

•••
There are 3 Nexus Categories under which you can register .us

1. A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions [Nexus Category 1],

2. A United States entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories, or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States or a political subdivision thereof, and non-commercial organizations based in the United States) [Nexus Category 2], or

3. A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories [Nexus Category 3].

https://www.about.us/cdn/resources/ebooks/policies/usTLD_Nexus_Requirements_Policy.pdf

Thanks, what's exactly bona fide presence ? If i make a web site that it's focused also for Usa is enough ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back