NameSilo

Own domain that was recently trademarked in Japan by Sony Network communications

Located in Legal Discussion, started by Sirkarl, May 19, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. Sirkarl

Sirkarl Established Member

While doing a routine search of results on domains I own. I came across a Japanese site. The site claims trademark of my domain name. Of course before I bought and just a few minutes ago I searched U.S trademark and it is not trademarked here. It indeed is trademarked in Japan but was done after I purchased the dot com domain. My question is, Should I approach Sony Network Communications that trademarked the domain that has an active site and offer it to them or just post it for sale. Another weird thing. I did my whois search and it states that my domain can be purchased for $4500.00 first year and I think it was $9.95 after that?

I do not recall putting it up for sale but I own quite a few and am terrible at keeping track of them all. Thanks everyone!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice