Domain Empire

Overture?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have a good domain ready for aprasial soon, im expecting to be low $xxx - mid $xxx, but i want to do some research on it first..

How do u find overture for the word? (dictionary word)

And is there anything else that i need to find out first? or should?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
HOW DO U FIND THE OVERTURE FOR THE NAME/URL?

its not that hard to understand...

•••
•••
killaklown said:
And is there anything else that i need to find out first? or should?
Besides the Overture tool which gives you the number of searches made in a month for your word, you could also check the following, if your domain also includes a website or used to have one.
1. the number of links to it (this gives an indication of it popularity)
2. Google PR , if any
3. Alexa ranking
4. Positions in search engines

•••
Sometimes it's also useful to check local Overture results like inventory.uk.overture.com for the UK and inventory.es.overture.com for Spanish words/names

•••
Last edited:
•••
Westblock,

The Overture tool tells you the number of searches in a month for your word. The bigger the number, the more popular the term.

•••
Hey killaklown you wanna go here http://www.DigitalPoint/tools/suggestion/?keywords

And as far as your name goes, $0 value sorry..... :lol:

•••
what name? i havent released the domain name to anyone yet.

•••
i know i know, was just being fascetious. Anyway, you find the link helpful??

•••
Agree with collieri..

Use the digitalpoint Wordtracker results instead, since Overture doesn't show the difference between singular and plural searches, and the difference can be huge sometimes..
That's a "trap" a lot of people seems to fall into...

•••
EdwinJ said:
Westblock,

The Overture tool tells you the number of searches in a month for your word. The bigger the number, the more popular the term.

I realize that, but what is a good number? 1,000? What kind of reference point can/should be used?

Also, because a search word ranks high, does that translate into a .com/.net name?

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back