Dynadot

Overture question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
is 450 OVT for one word com domain enouth result to concider that it is good domain?
at all how much OVT word have to have to be valuable as a domain?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It isn't a high Ovt number and It depends on too many factors to say without the actual Term/Keyword ....

If it is something you plan to develop to sell a particular item - It may be perfect ....

If the term has no Interest as far as affiliate programs or PPC listings - It could be terrible from a Domain Parking POV.

Really hard to say ....

•••
If the term has no Interest as far as affiliate programs or PPC listings - It could be terrible from a Domain Parking POV.

I agree.

Recently I've acquired a domain based on a high value ovt word and until now it didn't get any type in...
So, in my opinion, ovt words are ok if you develop the domain.

•••
gugush said:
is 450 OVT for one word com domain enouth result to concider that it is good domain?
at all how much OVT word have to have to be valuable as a domain?

I'm assuming you are wondering if 450 is good for the actual keyword, not the keyword w/ the .com extension. Like All4Cost was saying, it's really hard to tell without knowing the word. There are tons of things that can play into it.

Take "lisinpril" for example. It returns 380 searches in overture. It's a typo of a blood pressure medication. This particular medication shows some ads when searched for in google, which suggests people are willing to pay for traffic looking for this keyword.

So, lisinpril.com might be worth the regfee, if you had enough people typing it in and then being redirected to an advertiser's site. But to be honest, 380 is not really that high of a number, and neither is 450. I wouldn't really consider registering anything less than 2000 (w/o extension) unless it was a very strong term. Typos typically have to have overture results w/ the extension for me to consider them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back