IT.COM

advice Outside opinion: 3LLL.net an upgrade or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain_Stir

Established Member
Impact
New to dropcatching and I've been eyeing a few different 3LLL.net domains and wanted to get an outside opinion.

Lets say there are companies out there that have 3L brand initials tied to their specific product field (for instance xxxwater.com, xxxsolar.com, or xxxautoparts). That in mind, if someone were to pitch you a xxx.net, shortened version of your current domain (xxxwater), would you consider it an upgrade?

Does the shorter 3LLL.net hold more value than a slightly longer, yet brand specific .com? I know its all subjective and I can pitch the hell out of just about anything but I just want to get an outside take on it.

Apologies if there is a better place for this thread, but it does relate to dropcatching so I put here here unless someone can recommend a better forum placement.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I am a business owner, I would not want to create additional confusion with another extension.

But if my business is on LLL+word.net, then yes, that would be upgrade.

It would be probably fine also to start business on LLL.net, but I would personally would start only on .com (USA or international), local cctld (Germany, UK, FR, even US etc.), .org (non-profit).

•••
if you can tell them good reason, I am sure they will buy your short domain! and I am not sure, from com to net is an upgrade! but short domain are always good for email biz! :xf.grin: because short domain or email address, are easy to remember:xf.grin:,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back