NameSilo

discuss Outreaching End-Users using Email - Effective or Not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SheikhOvais

Established Member
Impact
Here's a nice post I just read on Linkedin Pulse about why emails won't always bring effective results while outreaching/selling.

I know the topic has been discussed here many times but as time goes by, I am beginning to realize that email has been extremely abused and that us domainers should look into new innovative ways of outreaching decision-makers.

You’re sorely mistaken if you believe that flooding an executive’s inbox with rote solicitations will escape the DELETE key. If you want to be noticed, it’s time you go old-school and pick up the phone. And don’t expect success after the first or second attempt. That’s just silly.

Complete post: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/death-salesman-email-your-friend-ari-kaufman

Enjoy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of course it works - just take a look at the sales thread at NP.

We sell names to end buyers most days via email outreach. The domains must contain some obvious value for the buyer and be priced to sell. Email needs to be short and specific.

•••
Old school snail mail is much more effective (y)

•••
Of course it works - just take a look at the sales thread at NP.

We sell names to end buyers most days via email outreach. The domains must contain some obvious value for the buyer and be priced to sell. Email needs to be short and specific.

I sure check sales thread almost daily, as it keeps me motivated.

I do agree that email does have an impact when it is short and to the point, and offers something worth reading, but it is only fruitful to those who use this feature the right way.

The reality as we know it is that the vast majority of domainers (mostly newbies) have abused this sales channel and it resulted in getting lesser attention from the potential buyers.

PS: Would it be OK sharing few "attention-grabbing" points of your outreach email?

•••
Are you being serious? I have always thought about that for domains that I have not sold by email. A lot of money in postage tho.

•••

I hope so. I haven't dived into this outreaching method yet but will soon do it for couple of my top notch domains.

Can you share your snail mail strategy a little bit, if OK? Would love to learn from pros.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back