IT.COM

question Outbound to a company paying for Ad's on Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Not sure if this the right place to post if not Mod's please feel to move

I have a 2 word domain that is over 20 years old (not a junk hand reg), get's around only 500 searches a month in the U.S but has a decent CPC of $9.54 and is in the finance sector

Recently I have started to see a few companies paying Google to advertise under the name

Now if I want to outbound to 3 of these companies how can I calculate what they are spending on CPC adverting each month (if possible?) or do I need to do an estimate? If so, how?

Then how do I compare that pricing to the domain price and extol the merits/benefits of owning it and come up with a decent proposal that would give them pause for thought?

I am pretty sure if I target the correct person within the company and get the pitch right it is targeted selling and not spam - not here to discuss this point - though if you think so chime in, but provide some tips :xf.wink:

Anyone had experience selling a domain this way? Can you provide a few tips on how to set up a proposal? I really don't mind calling them either as I call into the States quite a lot already......

Any feedback would be appreciated - If you don't want to reveal all, happy for you to drop me a DM :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back