IT.COM

question Outbound - SEO valuation? - domain upgrade.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainGolem

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys. I have a question regarding the relevance of SEO and Backlinks when discussing a sale with outbound clients.

I'm new, and trying my best to learn. But something that occurs to me, is regarding a domain upgrade. If I offer someone an exact match .com for their product when they own the .io or .org for example, is that enough in most situations to be able to offer real value?

If the .com I purchase doesn't have a great history of SEO benefits, all I can offer is a TLD upgrade.

So, provided i'm not offering a site with spammy history, my questions are as follows:

1) Would a prospective buyer still usually find value here? - if I explain the benefits of .com
2) If they were to park or addon the .com and just redirect it to their .org, would they benefit from this?
3) How often do buyers move their site to the domain vs simply pointing the new domain to their current one?

Thanks for reading guys. Peace
DG

*regarding outbound*
I'll only be sending a short tailored email expressing an opportunity, and allow them to respond or tell me "no", I will not be employing any aggressive tactics - and in light of the discussions on this forum regarding the line between outbound and spam, I'm going to do my utmost not to be 'spammy'. (although I see how outbound can be defined as spam).

I believe that when I rarely choose to do outbound, the value will be clear. It's not going to be my main business model.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

if you purchased/registered a .com of exact match to, say a .org...
in many cases they chose .org for specific reason and may not have wanted the .com

especially, if they are an organization or non-profit

as for .io, your chances may be better

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back