IT.COM

advice Outbound Deliverability

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tomzilla

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,

I've been doing outbound successfully for a while now, but my open rate has dropped drastically and I figured a lot of my emails are being sent to spam. For those of you who do outbound, is there anything you do to increase deliverability to the inbox? I was thinking about getting a dedicated IP.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you're not sending a large amount of emails, better use a Gmail account. If you send a large amount, these problems will persist.

Otherwise the problem is likely again Gmail - many people have Gsuite and it blocks anything that looks like spam.

Send email to a Gmail box and see if it gets there. Send to multiple accounts and ask users to move the emails to inbox (flag as not spam) - this will increase their deliverability. Do the same for yahoo if you have such emails, some old timers like myself still have their yahoo emails.

Check if youre' blacklisted, request blacklist removal etc. Outbound is tricky as it really really resembles spam. Can be the IP, can also be your domain name.

I'd start with blacklists first. Google "blacklist check" and you'll get there.

•••
it seems like the only way to contact a business is through the contact link on their homepage. and when you click it it is just regular gmail. you have no idea who is checking their incoming mail. and as soon as they glaze over the email and discover you are trying to sell something they probably delete you anyway. they are probably only looking for and keeping inquires/complaints about their products. it is very difficult to identify the exact person in a company who would have the authority to purchase a domain.

•••
Thank you guys for the insight. Whenever I am doing outbound, I use tools and Linkedin to find a personal email to make sure that I always emailing the decision maker. Very rarely emails would bounce. It might be true that some owners just don't check their business or personal email. Trackers can also be glitchy and sometimes they might not show the real stats.

•••
Change the subject title and also the template

•••
i cant stress this enough — be it g suite or whatever..

EMAIL hosting really helps chances, not guaranteed (nothing in life is) but HELPS.

there are some free ones and alternatives to G suite
while free ones, you get what you pay for
i’d say it’s well worth it paying $4-5 per month, just for the email ending @"whatever" conveys a more professional than "@gmail" ending.

Also email tracking so know if email opened or not and in spam. not familiar with email trackers
i think Some people think this invasion privacy, but i wish i knew “trackers” existed. if u read my email, and dont respond, ur not getting a follow-up! (believe u use MailChimp, for this kind thing..)
Good luck, and keep us posted of any follow up

Regards
Samer

Last edited:
•••
1. Use Mailgun for deliverability

(btw) 2. Don't use gmail nor any free email because it looks unprofessional

•••
Thanks for answers guys. I do have multiple professional emails. I do have my main G Suite connected to my website and I made a mistake outbounding with that one so I probably ruined sender reputation. I created multiple emails at BIgRock.com for my domains that I outbound with. The problem is that it seems that BigRock does not offer a classic cPanel interface where it's very straightforward to connect third party SMTP so I couldn't figure out to connect it yet because it seems like they give you limited access but I guess the only benefit is paying about 0.75 cents per professional email. I guess I will have to just get classic hosting at some of the hosting companies and select a plan with unlimited websites and emails. I checked on blacklist checkers that my IP is blacklisted at a couple of places so that might be the reason why my emails are going to spam. My templates are straightforward, not spammy and not including links, very clean and personalized. I will try to change them a little bit. I might need to get a dedicated IP address if SMTP services don't make a difference. It probably would require warming up and building sender reputation.

Can someone recommend some good hosting plans that include unlimited websites and professional emails?

•••
Can someone recommend some good hosting plans that include unlimited websites and professional emails?
Expensive, but worth every dollar: KnownHost

It's for sites. For emails, if you really want to send them from hosting, better use dedicated email hosting. Let site hosting host your sites but not register your domains nor sending emails. As for email hostings, i cant suggest because never used them. I always just route emails from my site host via Mailgun, or you can use some other similar tool like Google, Zoho, Rackspace etc.

•••
I would use a paid email service as your email address will look more professional, compared to gmail/hotmail etc.

Remember that they could be receiving 100s of emails a day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back