Dynadot

opinion Other extensions and social media platform usernames

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redLemon

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Say you found an available unique name in all extensions, would you purchase other TLDs in addition to .com so a potential future buyer would have the option to buy the whole bundle and save himself a headache?
I'm thinking .net, .org, .info, .io, .me, .xyz (yikes!). Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, GMail etc

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
No,I dont
BUT If it's for brand protection, I'm willing to buy it

•••
I used to fall for GoDaddy's "bundle & save" upsells as a noobie and wasted so much money. Please don't do it. Just reg the .com, and unless you want to use it yourself, registering the handles on social media platforms will give you a headache as you will need a different number for each name. Plus, it is best to leave the social media handles available because an end-user does register the social media handles, they will want the .com to match too, so it will increase your chance of a sale. This also works if they already registered the social handles and, for some reason, have not purchased the .com yet.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back